• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Twitter replacement?

Dkin

Reaction score
Today's twitter barely resembles my feed from 1-2 yrs ago. What do people use instead? I use to find it an efficient way to follow specific accounts on sports, news, music, comedy, etc.

Now it's full of Musk posts (I get it) and "Do these 5 things to achieve XYZ...". Recommendations?

I mean, if Twitter is based on an algorithm that responds by tailoring your feed to the type of content you browse, isn’t that kind of on you?

I haven’t noticed a dramatic change by I follow almost exclusively media and wake players.

I actually just got a twitter because I wanted to see the post Duke game court storm debacle.

But my advice would be to get off twitter and spend some time outside.

I agree with OP that in Elmo's world Twitter presents a different experience. First and foremost make sure you've selected "Following" not "For You" up at the top.

As for an alternative I wish there was one. Many come and go, none seem to stick. I keep thinking it'll go the way of MySpace and AOL but it has staying power apparently.

I mean, if Twitter is based on an algorithm that responds by tailoring your feed to the type of content you browse, isn’t that kind of on you?

I haven’t noticed a dramatic change by I follow almost exclusively media and wake players.

It's a combination of what you browse, and also what you reply to.

If you reply to the Maga crowd telling them they are insane morons, you get spammed with a shit ton more Maga content.

Last edited:
I agree with OP that in Elmo's world Twitter presents a different experience. First and foremost make sure you've selected "Following" not "For You" up at the top.

As for an alternative I wish there was one. Many come and go, none seem to stick. I keep thinking it'll go the way of MySpace and AOL but it has staying power apparently.
I think this was the issue. "For you" wasn't really for me...

y'all are talking about the algorithm and recommended posts the way it is supposed to work which is not necessarily the way it does work under X management

Today's twitter barely resembles my feed from 1-2 yrs ago. What do people use instead? I use to find it an efficient way to follow specific accounts on sports, news, music, comedy, etc.

Now it's full of Musk posts (I get it) and "Do these 5 things to achieve XYZ...". Recommendations?
It's no longer "Twitter." It is "X." Therin lies the bulk of the problem.

Threads isn't bad and seems to do a decent job with the algorithm. Twitter's ads are out of control these days but that's a business thing

Use mute and filter features. Curate your experience carefully, and it becomes a totally different experience.

Use mute and filter features. Curate your experience carefully, and it becomes a totally different experience.
Nah, just quit Twitter and don’t give musk your clicks and data and therefore money. That guy is too crazy to wield such power and Twitter really needs to fail.

Back