• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Two Nights in Austin - What to do?

Does Trudy's still limit the amount of margs one person can get? I had two before ACL one year and I was feeling pretty good. I've heard some people do the Trudy's challenge and hit up all of them for one each. Sounds like a bad next morning.

I know that Chuy's will only let you have two of their Texas Margaritas. They're (good) bad news.

Tentative plan is to hit Contigo and Foreign & Domestic one night since they're close to each other, and Swift's Attic the next. May throw in some late night eats depending on what I get into while there.

Tentative plan is to hit Contigo and Foreign & Domestic one night since they're close to each other, and Swift's Attic the next. May throw in some late night eats depending on what I get into while there.

Got your message. I'm actually in chuck town this weekend for the PGA. I will reply once I'm back home.

I was there briefly. Downtown is beautiful. Girls are hot.

Trudy's is great.

If you have the time, I think it is worth your time to hit up the Saltlick. Although standing in line at Franklins will be well worth your time for BBQ also.

Barton Springs is a must, especially in August

I second Rainey Street. Several good bars there (most by the same ownership, interestingly), and a new one just opened up in the last couple weeks. It's mostly a 25-35 crowd around there, but sometimes I'll see groups of 40+ folks hanging out too. Great little outdoor bars that everyone can be comfortable at. Lustre Pearl is a favorite (fantastic tacos in back), and Clive is a little farther down the street but also a great little bar with lots of outdoor seating. Lustre Pearl and Clive are, in theory, "brother" and "sister" bars. You'll definitely get that feel if you go to both.

I like Town Lake as well. You can rent bikes nearby at a number of places, then bike around the lake and stop whenever you see something cool. Add Barton Springs into the loop too and take a dip. Or, if you have time, you can make it 25 miles west of the city and go to a real kickass springs - Hamilton Pool.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2742124-seattle_symphony_austin-i

I've only lived in Austin about 10 weeks, but that's the stuff I've done and enjoyed. I don't get a chance to eat out much, but I did get Franklin's BBQ while I was here and it was top notch. You have to get there early and wait in line, though.

Dude when did you move to Austin?

Ill give you a call next time I am in town

Also I havent been there in a while, but I used to love Threadgills for live music and a chicken fried steak

Back