• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TX Wesleyan baseball coach - Refuses to accept ANYONE from CO

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I always say you can't make the best shit up. It's been proven again.

This is NOT from The Onion. It's real.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ball-coach-over-email-sent-recruit/383803002/

"We have made a decision to not take a chance on Student-athletes from your state," Jeffcoat wrote in the email. "You can thank your liberal politicians. Best of luck wherever you decide to play."

Damn, those liberals who hate baseball!!!

BTW, their coach did play in the majors for 11 years (how I don't know).

I always say you can't make the best shit up. It's been proven again.

This is NOT from The Onion. It's real.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ball-coach-over-email-sent-recruit/383803002/

"We have made a decision to not take a chance on Student-athletes from your state," Jeffcoat wrote in the email. "You can thank your liberal politicians. Best of luck wherever you decide to play."

Damn, those liberals who hate baseball!!!

Yeah, but how many prospects from CO would want to go to TX-W to play or how prospects from CO would TX-W want? Can't be many on either side.

Should this be on the Tunnels board?

You should not be able to get away from RJ's political takes that easily. His political views dwarf his sports hot takes. They cannot be contained on just one board.

I am not exactly sure how the majors work, but if I had to venture a guess, I would say he probably was good at baseball.

Good call. I wouldn't want those stinking lazy burnouts anywhere near my program.

2cFpBD

Who cares? He can recruit from wherever he feels like it. I'm sure Donald Trump has done something in the last hour or so that is more worthy of your outrage.

It's a bad look for him to say that publicly. He just as easily simply never sent his assistants to CO to look at players without saying anything like that.

You see that's how a free country should work. Coach doesn't want to recruit CO players, fine. The employer either decides he's a good enough coach to keep him on or they can decide he's not and that's not acceptable and he gets canned.

bingo

Colorado is onle one of eight states that allow marijuana for recreational use. Did the coach also ban recruits from those states(i.e.Calif.)?

Back