• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tybee Island recommendations?

DeacOnCapeCod

Reaction score
planning a family vacation, and would like any suggestions of places to stay or not to stay. Also, has anyone done any kayaking in the area? Thx.

DeacOnCapeCod
(now fletcher, nc)

planning a family vacation, and would like any suggestions of places to stay or not to stay. Also, has anyone done any kayaking in the area? Thx.

DeacOnCapeCod
(now fletcher, nc)

I was just there for the day, so no suggestions for staying, but watch out for jelly fish. The recent influx of warm water from the hurricanes (i guess) has brought them out in droves. I got stung 3 times in a day, on different parts of the beach.

Wife and I just got back from our honeymoon and stayed in the beachside colony and dug it. It's a bit of a hoof though to the bars (about a mile) but a pedicab is like $8. You can also catch a shuttle to savanna in the morning or at 5:30 from the lighthouse for $3/person (but no ride back if you leave late so bring $50 for a cab).

Tybee's really cool but stay away from the crab shack - total tourist trap and the food sucks. Go with AJ's dockside. Also hit up the Breakfast Clube for, you guessed it, breakfast. PM me for more details if you'd like.

GlowInTheDark_DeadMenTellNoTalesSticker.jpg

Thanks for the info. When we lived on Cape Cod, we seemed to hit every tourist trap the first year...
i've seen some decent rentals and were hoping to getting something right on the water, but its not looking like it will be too expensive.

Be careful on the rental homes, some are right near a DANGER NO SWIMING area. I'd say about 1/2 mile from the desota hotel (toward the light house).

Im on the road today, but will send you some recs tomorrow. Tybee is about ten minutes from my house.

Back