• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tyler Zeller: Pussy or Biggest Pussy?

Zeller may be annoying but I'd pay him serious money to spend a week working with Carson on that baseline jump hook.

When he has that going he's more or less unstoppable. That shot can keep you in the NBA for years as a 7 footer.

Zeller is a VERY effective offensive player but he even plays like a pussy on the offensive end (he just happens to be very good at it). He has 0 power moves for a guy his size and he flops his arms around as much as Hansbrough...but I guess it does not matter when his jump hook / baby hook are so effective.

On the defensive end it is another story. He is such a pussy. Whenever he is one on one with a guy even close to his size you can lay money that he is going to try to take a charge instead of playing good defense. Lucky for him he is a white guy playing at Unc-ch so he gets a lot of those calls.

The only problem with Tyler Zeller is that he wears baby blue. We would absolutely love him if he wore black and gold. The kid has improved immensely during the season. He attacks the basket. He rebounds effectively.

He also is the first big man down court every time, like Tim Duncan used to be for us. I am jealous that our bigs don't seem to be as committed, but that may not be justified. Maybe he is just faster than all of our bigs.

The only problem with Tyler Zeller is that he wears baby blue. We would absolutely love him if he wore black and gold. The kid has improved immensely during the season. He attacks the basket. He rebounds effectively.

He also is the first big man down court every time, like Tim Duncan used to be for us. I am jealous that our bigs don't seem to be as committed, but that may not be justified. Maybe he is just faster than all of our bigs.

We have bigs on our team?

I don't care how good his baby hook is; his best defensive move is taking a charge. Dude's a puss.

Then, we'd be elated to get a low post next year as big as puss as Zeller.

Zeller has a lot of talent but no doubt suffers from certain, Duke-ish tendencies.

Back