• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tylor Harris

Our D-Line has been a nice surprise this year.

Our D-Line has been a nice surprise this year.

I like our d-line. Ziggy and Dunn have been solid at the d-ends, with Floyd and Ejiofor playing snaps as backups doing a solid job as well. Harris and Banks have done a really nice job in the middle with Lewinson and Rodney providing a little depth. We lose Ziggy, but we've got the rest coming back next year.

It's really a shame, because we are 2/3's of a pretty good football team. The defense has played very well especially considering the offense gives them no help and our special teams have been very solid. The problem is the offense is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Tell me again why we wasted a season of Tylor Harris' s eligibility last year?

Last edited:
He is a big boy. I think it should be required that we always have atleast 1 or 2 DTs from Louisiana on our roster.

If I knew I'd tell you.

With a coaching staff who probably knew they could be done if they didn't win I'm not surprised they burned a few red shirts. That and the patented "f*** it, let's re-invent our offense 3 times in one season"

Tell me again why we wasted a season of Taylor Harris' s eligibility last year?

Someone has to say it-- Our defense had a low ceiling once we hitched our wagon to Nikita anchoring a 3-man front. It was unique, and Nikita is a monster, but it was a dumb freaking long-term plan. Rather than find a way to incorporate Nikita into a system we instead built our system around him and hardly ever took him off the field, even when he was gassed and getting pushed to the side. Banks and Harris just collected dust behind him all this time.

If Grobe had lasted a few more years, he would have bitched about how the lack of defensive success was Whitlock's fault.

Didn't Harris and Nikita play together in Big Baby's freshman year though?

Didn't Harris and Nikita play together in Big Baby's freshman year though?

Not really. Harris only played when Nikita got hurt and missed a few games. Nikita came back and Harris pretty much went back to the bench. They never figured out a way to rotate players on the D-line. Starters always played the vast majority of the minutes.

Grobe was terrible at utilizing depth and then he wondered why we fell off at the end of the year.

Not really. Harris only played when Nikita got hurt and missed a few games. Nikita came back and Harris pretty much went back to the bench. They never figured out a way to rotate players on the D-line. Starters always played the vast majority of the minutes.

"Well, Stan, I wanted to play him but just couldn't figure out how to get him into the game."

"Well, Stan, I wanted to play him but just couldn't figure out how to get him into the game."

Oh, the number of times I yelled at the radio, "you're the freaking head coach, if you want somebody to play just send them in!!!"

Someone has to say it-- Our defense had a low ceiling once we hitched our wagon to Nikita anchoring a 3-man front. It was unique, and Nikita is a monster, but it was a dumb freaking long-term plan. Rather than find a way to incorporate Nikita into a system we instead built our system around him and hardly ever took him off the field, even when he was gassed and getting pushed to the side. Banks and Harris just collected dust behind him all this time.

Banks actually played a lot last year at D-end, Harris was the odd man out. We had the makings of a pretty good 4 man front last year in my opinion, with Nikita and Harris inside and Thompson and Redding at the ends, with depth from Banks, Ziggy, etc.

I think that is a difference in Clawson and his staff, they are building a system and not a short term fix based solely on personnel. I mean you have to play to the strengths of your personnel no doubt, but you've also got to play within a sustainable system as well in my opinion.

Banks actually played a lot last year at D-end, Harris was the odd man out. We had the makings of a pretty good 4 man front last year in my opinion, with Nikita and Harris inside and Thompson and Redding at the ends, with depth from Banks, Ziggy, etc.

I think that is a difference in Clawson and his staff, they are building a system and not a short term fix based solely on personnel. I mean you have to play to the strengths of your personnel no doubt, but you've also got to play within a sustainable system as well in my opinion.

They would NEVER go with Nikita and _____ inside since that would take Nikita off the nose. A few years ago, Lobo and Grobe had a Nikita Love Fest at practice when they moved him from LB to NT for the first time. A few choice Lobo quotes along the lines of "unbelievable" and the rest is history (as is our LOSING consistently with a 3-4 defense).

Grobe is/was directly tied to Nikita and the 3-4 (which did not work in the W column).

This is so typical of the dim wits on this board. You throw our greatest coach and our greatest D-line player under the bus now that they're gone and the flavor of the month Dave Clawson is still in his honeymoon period. We will never have a coach as sucessful as Grobe, winning the ACC title was miracle and not attainable again in today's FBS set-up. Getting a player like Nikita was also near miraculous luck since nobody would take a guy 5'9" 250 to play defensive line, but despite all odds he turned out to be a great player, but you nut jobs are throwing him under the bus too. The only issue I have with Nikita was his desire to perhaps serve as a Navy Seal for our greedy, capitalist society.

Last edited:
Back