• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

U. Of Tennessee using Wake as example

Gaudio’s record after three seasons — 61-31.

At this point Wake Forest fans would absolutely be enthralled to have Gaudio and his success back. The very same fans that wanted him gone.

Tennessee is in a similar situation that Wake Forest was in three seasons ago. Cuonzo Martin is following a very successful coach in Bruce Pearl, and he hasn’t attained the results fans became accustomed to under Pearl.

Exactly like Dino Gaudio.

Now the Volunteers have a choice to make, and Wake Forest has already laid out the road map for the Vols.

If Tennessee were to let Martin go — what then?

They could end up with a Jeff [Redacted] type coach, then everyone would be clamoring to bring Cuonzo Martin back to Knoxville.

THIS.IS.AWESOME - so glad we can remain leaders and influential in college bball despite being in a shithole. So happy to set an example

Their AD could just make a normal hire instead of rolling the dice on someone with a horrendous record.

So is Bruce Pearl the Skip Prosser in this scenario? That's rich.

Well that's just fanfuckingtastic... Thanks again Ron.

What the fuck I am still in shock that Ron isn't making any changes. I mean we are literally the laughing stock all across the country. Any other school would have thrown buzz out with only half of this shit show.

Wake is so fuckin' awesome! We are now the posterboys on how NOT to do it! Fuck you, Wellman.

I literally laughed. it felt better than crying. I was one of the people clamoring for Dino out, especially after we couldn't shoot our way out of a high school zone against Cleveland St. To my defense, I tempered my feelings after Ish's heroics, even after the UK beating. Regardless, if my only option today were BZ or Dino, give me the guy who doesn't have every single sears tie ever made.

Dino was crap when it came to half court x's o's where you couldn't just go iso (zone situations), but they played serious fucking defense and knew how to create open court opportunities. I never, ever saw a Dino coached team look as confused and lost as this bunch. And that confusion is solely reflective of a lack of leadership and direction...coaching. I have no doubt Bz is at least competent in the x's and o's of bb. But he damn sure is incapable of communicating his knowledge e.g., he can't teach the game e.g., he can't coach. I learned my lesson, the devil you know....

And I also don't want to hear the youth excuse. You have a top 5 Scoring Sr in the ACC, a top 15 scoring Jr in the ACC, top 20 recruting class, with an ALL ACC Freshman (who was a top 5 rebounder int he ACC).

You want to see youth? go see what Tommy Ammaker is doing over there at Harvard. 4 freshman 5 sophmores and 1 sr who gets about 8.5 pts a game. Go see how many times he let teams come in and consistently destroy them by 25 + points. none. biggest loss was 19 and it happened once. Don't give me any "were in the acc though" crap either. Radford, Iona, and Nebraska are not traditional powerhouses.

Last edited:
And I also don't want to hear the youth excuse. You have a top 5 Scoring Sr in the ACC, a top 15 scoring Jr in the ACC, top 20 recruting class, with an ALL ACC Freshman (who was a top 5 rebounder int he ACC).

You want to see youth? go see what Tommy Ammaker is doing over there at Harvard. 4 freshman 5 sophmores and 1 sr who gets about 8.5 pts a game. Go see how many times he let teams come in and consistently destroy them by 25 + points. none. biggest loss was 19 and it happened once. Don't give me any "were in the acc though" crap either. Radford, Iona, and Nebraska are not traditional powerhouses.

Who on earth are you lecturing, dude?

Who on earth are you lecturing, dude?

lol, ok to be fair this isn't lecturing but more, addressing recycled marching orders of the BZZ in camp. It's a futile endeavor though. Once you address BZZ in conjecture that they represent as the staple of their stance, then before you know it you are seamlessly sucked into some other confluence of rationalization. It's like, a black hole of non sequiturs.

The assumption in that article is that there aren't better coaches than Dino Gaudio and Cuonzo Martin.

I literally laughed. it felt better than crying. I was one of the people clamoring for Dino out, especially after we couldn't shoot our way out of a high school zone against Cleveland St. To my defense, I tempered my feelings after Ish's heroics, even after the UK beating. Regardless, if my only option today were BZ or Dino, give me the guy who doesn't have every single sears tie ever made.

Dino was crap when it came to half court x's o's where you couldn't just go iso (zone situations), but they played serious fucking defense and knew how to create open court opportunities. I never, ever saw a Dino coached team look as confused and lost as this bunch. And that confusion is solely reflective of a lack of leadership and direction...coaching. I have no doubt Bz is at least competent in the x's and o's of bb. But he damn sure is incapable of communicating his knowledge e.g., he can't teach the game e.g., he can't coach. I learned my lesson, the devil you know....

Calm down. It's like your writing passionately about the radicalness of reservoir dogs. We get it.

Back