• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UCLA Football ??????

Fusiondad10

Reaction score
As a lifelong fan of college football, it's hard to fathom the decline, and consistent futility of UCLA football over the last number of years since Terry Donahue was their coach. Of all the big time FBS schools with recent mediocre football results ( UCLA, TxTech, UNC, NCState, Miss St. come to mind quickly) UCLA is the biggest surprise for me. They are in a perfect position for recruits, an excellent conference, and have as much tradition in football as most schools. Why they've failed to break thru is a complete mystery.

While there are a number of big time schools that have declined recently ( Tennessee, ND come to mind immediately) their issues seem obvious, and their prospects for the future aren't bad. But UCLA? They look like their going nowhere again, and again, and again no matter what... what the hell has happened there?

Can't answer regarding UCLA, but apparently all hell broke loose in their game this evening.

I turned it on briefly and saw Arizona about to go up 28-7. Didn't bother checking back in. That's a pitiful effort by UCLA.

STREAKER.gif

I didn't bother checking to see the exact number, but if I remember correctly, UCLA has been just crippled by significant injuries the past few years. I think that's why Neuheisal still has a job. He pulls in decent classes, but then the starting QB will go out for the season.....then the backup QB will get hurt for the season. Been like that for 3-4 years I think.

I almost dropped some cash on that game till I saw that UCLA was involved. That is the most erratic team in college football. With USC down, if they had a competent coaching staff they could be a juggernaut.

If a tree fell in western-US football, would anyone hear it?

As a lifelong fan of college football, it's hard to fathom the decline, and consistent futility of UCLA football over the last number of years since Terry Donahue was their coach. Of all the big time FBS schools with recent mediocre football results ( UCLA, TxTech, UNC, NCState, Miss St. come to mind quickly) UCLA is the biggest surprise for me. They are in a perfect position for recruits, an excellent conference, and have as much tradition in football as most schools. Why they've failed to break thru is a complete mystery.

While there are a number of big time schools that have declined recently ( Tennessee, ND come to mind immediately) their issues seem obvious, and their prospects for the future aren't bad. But UCLA? They look like their going nowhere again, and again, and again no matter what... what the hell has happened there?
Asians suck at football. ;)

Back