• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Uh Oh.... Buzz is on the Road

daaberry

Reaction score
Wake @ Xavier -7 5:00 FoxSports1

He almost made it to the New year w/o playing a road game. I hope I'm wrong, but today will likely be when all hope is again lost as Bzz continues to fail to get his team to show up on the road.

Xavier 74
Wake 61

Yahoo Sports preview:

This year's Skip Prosser Classic pits a Wake Forest team with a good record but no quality wins against a Xavier team that has beaten Tennessee, Cincinnati and Alabama. The Deacs deserve to be taken more seriously if they win, but that's a tall order at the Cintas Center. Projected winner: Xavier

Damn, I hate when people start threads with titles like this one. I'm always let down when I open the thread and see that it's not about what I initially thought it was.

10 point loss sounds about right, give or take a few points.

We just beat this team a year ago right? They will want revenge.

Interesting, only 4 ACC teams are playing more than 2 true non-conference road games before the new year.

BC's the only team with more than 3 - they're playing 5 if you include Harvard - and they have 8 losses already (losing every road game of course). Virginia Tech and Pitt played zero.

Maryland, Syracuse, Duke, and Notre Dame all just have 1 as well.

For some reason I thought most teams played more road games than that prior to conference play.

Off topic, but I recently moved from W-S to Raleigh. Anyone know of a good spot in the North Raleigh / Brier Creek area to catch the game?

Yahoo Sports preview:

This year's Skip Prosser Classic pits a Wake Forest team with a good record but no quality wins against a Xavier team that has beaten Tennessee, Cincinnati and Alabama. The Deacs deserve to be taken more seriously if they win, but that's a tall order at the Cintas Center. Projected winner: Xavier

Would have been better if Yahoo did enough homework to know that Xavier actually lost to Tennessee 64-49.

We're not even winning the second half on the road. I thought we would specialize in that this year.

Chalk up another one. The man is a curse. There is no other way to describe it.

Back