• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ukraine is game to you?

I wonder if sanctions only get a bad rap in the public sphere because there's a certain lack of immediate visibility - no matter how effective they might be

They get a bad rap because we've sanctioned Putin repeatedly for almost a decade and yet still here we are. Also, sanctions are in this case punitive and not a deterrent for the current situation.

I wonder if sanctions only get a bad rap in the public sphere because there's a certain lack of immediate visibility - no matter how effective they might be

100%. There is no immediacy at all. But unless we want to escalate into warfare with a nuclear power- it's about the best we have right now.

Long term I think the sanctions will do considerable damage to Russia and her people. But they will have the Ukraine well before that.

You can’t write a national anthem about sanctions. They’re not as cool as “bombs bursting in air.”

100%. There is no immediacy at all. But unless we want to escalate into warfare with a nuclear power- it's about the best we have right now.

Sanctions and keep supplying the Ukranians with weapons and especially weapons to shoot down Russian aircraft. That's where the war will be decisive. Feel like if they can keep the Russians from operating "freely" in the air above Ukraine, they might have a chance. We could help play the same role as we did during the Afghan/Soviet war and make it a pain in the ass to to fight in Ukraine.

I'm curious how we, and others, are continuing to supply weapons and ammunition to Ukraine. We won't fly into their airspace for fear of an accidental engagement with Russia. We can't make port in the Black Sea due to Russian naval forces.

It's being done, but obviously the governments involves aren't going to broadcast it like Trump would have.

Long term I think the sanctions will do considerable damage to Russia and her people. But they will have the Ukraine well before that.

So with you posting the Ukraine and Czechoslovakia do you still think it’s the 80s or something?

Not good that the thermobaric multiple rocket launchers have been spotted

Back