• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ULM news

DeaconSig

Reaction score
http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/ulm/2014/08/16/berry-qb-thomas-will-start-ulm-opener/14187247/

Following the final scrimmage of fall camp Saturday night, Berry described senior quarterback transfer Pete Thomas as a "very, very, very intelligent guy".

That, along with other traits Thomas has shown throughout the past three weeks of camp, is enough for Berry to confidently say that Thomas will be the starter when the Warhawks open the season against Wake Forest in less than two weeks.

"I think Pete has separated himself, and he will start against Wake Forest," Berry said. "I am pleased with what he did tonight.

Interesting. So Wake will end up playing against Pete Thomas twice in two years for two different squads.

Thomas' stats against WF last year:

27-43 257 yards; 2 picks 1 TD; 60 yards rushing; sacked 4 times.

I really want to beat ULM bad after last year. Lobo's idiotic "option" offense cost us that game. Camp had the drop on the 2 point conversion that would've sent it into OT, but we'd have never been in that position if it weren't for the incompetence of Lobo.

Zach%20Thompson%20sacks%20Pete%20Thomas-L.jpg

I imagine Thomas is looking forward to facing us without Nikita, although I think that's Thompson that has him in that picture.

I really want to beat ULM bad after last year. Lobo's idiotic "option" offense cost us that game. Camp had the drop on the 2 point conversion that would've sent it into OT, but we'd have never been in that position if it weren't for the incompetence of Lobo.

Pretty sure we ditched the option completely after the BC game. Which makes it all the worse that we lost to them.

Surprised we're favored -- hopefully revenge will be a big motivating factor

Last edited:
They are having a Camo Out for this game. No joke. First ever Camo Out in sports history. We gotta win the Camo Bowl. Also, we can't leave any possible wins on the table if we wanna go to a real bowl.

Said before but will say again: a bowl would be an incredible accomplishment this year.

Not saying it can't be done, but we shouldn't be disappointed if we come up short

I understand a bowl will be an accomplishment. But this Board (and Wake fans in general) are some of the most doom and gloom fans I've ever seen. Let's have a little optimism. Maybe Claw can change the work ethic, offensive schemes, and attitude and we sneak into a bowl. Would be fun! There are 6 winnable games on our schedule.

Yeah, I'm an optimist. I think we can do it. UL-Monroe is the toss-up game OOC IMO, if we get a W I think we get to 3-1 hitting ACC play. Two winnable home games off our bye in Syracuse and BC, get those and we only need one more to get bowl eligible.

And I agree bowls should be our baseline goal moving forward -- just have to be realisitc regarding what Grobe left Clawson. Hopefully this will be the lowest expectations get during the Claw era

Yeah, I'm an optimist. I think we can do it. UL-Monroe is the toss-up game OOC IMO, if we get a W I think we get to 3-1 hitting ACC play. Two winnable home games off our bye in Syracuse and BC, get those and we only need one more to get bowl eligible.

And I agree bowls should be our baseline goal moving forward -- just have to be realisitc regarding what Grobe left Clawson. Hopefully this will be the lowest expectations get during the Claw era

Between 70 and 80 schools out of 120 now go bowling each year. You darn right going bowling should be our 'baseline goal'.

Pretty sure we ditched the option completely after the BC game. Which makes it all the worse that we lost to them.

Surprised we're favored -- hopefully revenge will be a big motivating factor

No, we still had it going against ULM. We were forced to ditch late on the game to try to get back in and were a 2 point conversion away from forcing OT.

i just remember that we went 3 and out on about 98% of our possessions in that game. Maybe the most pitiful display of offense during the entire Grobo tenure.

Losing to ULM is and never will be palatable. WE need this one.

Asked to comment about where his first Wake Forest team is predicted to finish in the ACC's tough Atlantic Division, Clawson replied, “Were we picked to win it? I didn't see those. Were we unanimous first? The bull's-eye is on us, right?”

Go Deacs!

Good news for you guys (not that you should need any against ULM). Pete's a good guy and tough as nails but he isn't much of a QB. When your QB is immobile, inaccurate, and has at best average arm strength you don't get very good results.

This State fan says....not to worry about Mr. Thomas. By all accounts he is a nice and smart guy but not a great QB. He did everything he could for State but I can't think of anything he did in a game that made a real difference to the outcome.

Back