• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ULM

Baylor has the money to make Briles stay and he has built something good there in Waco. I doubt he wants to put up with the bullshit in Austin.

Pretty sure UT is going to make some kind of unspectacular hire in replacing Mack.

he'll go to Texas, if for money alone. also, you can get anyone you want at Texas.

he'll go to Texas, if for money alone. also, you can get anyone you want at Texas.

Won't happen (I'm biased though). Briles' defenses aren't good enough for UT, although he could probably have his pick of DC to come join him. Briles isn't young ( will be 58 after this season), is making $3.5MM per year, getting a new stadium, and I think is truly enjoying what he is building at Baylor.

The UT coach has to be MUCH more political. Lots of hand shaking, interviews, meeting with boosters, commitments to the Longhorn Network, etc. I don't see Briles (or Saban, for that matter) wanting anything to do with that. Of course money talks, so anything could happen.

Texas Tech was the school that worried me the most. Briles coached under Leach there and TT was the only school with an "out clause" in his contract. They came after him and he turned them down to stay at Baylor (and got a hefty raise).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

$Texas >>>> $3.5M

Moving to another school in-state is tough. Sometimes I think you guys overvalue the amount of importance $ plays in these decisions.

Moving to another school in-state is tough. Sometimes I think you guys overvalue the amount of importance $ plays in these decisions.

Not only did Briles leave Houston for Baylor, his replacement Kevin Sumlin left Houston for A&M.

Did a little more research. Moving in-state in Texas is pretty common. Rice's head coach came from Texas State. The current Texas State head coach is Dennis Franchione who had previously coached at A&M. Obviously, Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury was the OC at A&M.

Last edited:
I meant within the conference and a team on the same plain, sorry for not clarifying that.

Going from UNCW to UNC is one thing, going from State to UNC is quite another.

Dude would go to Texas in 2 seconds if offered, It is arguably the best job in all of football from a resource standpoint.

I guess the major question at Texas is who will be making the hire. If anyone has a hotter seat than Mack it is Deloss Dodds. Why would they let that corrupt old bastard make the hire on his way out?

Back