• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ultimate Grobe Trubute: Another Billboard

JOJESMA

Reaction score
The ultimate tribute for Coach Grobe would be a billboard showing an outline of the state of NC with Grobie's picture as an inset.

Included would be his major accomplishments: ACC Championship, Orange Bowl,etc. and most importantly, his record against the other teams in the state of NC, with emphasis on his winning records against the other Big Four teams in the state.

During his time at Wake, Grobe owned the state of NC and has never been recognized for his efforts.

Any takers?

I will gladly make the first contribution!

Last edited:
I'll contribute if you also post his record for each season the past five seasons along with total offense rankings among D1 schools.

See, here's the problem. He slept the past five years but Wake charged fans as if he actually cared.

The ultimate tribute for Coach Grobe would be a billboard showing an outline of the state of NC with Grobie's picture as an inset.

Included would be his major accomplishments: ACC Championship, Orange Bowl,etc. and most importantly, his record against the other teams in the state of NC, with emphasis on his winning records against the other Big Four teams in the state.

During his time at Wake, Grobe owned the state of NC and has never been recognized for his efforts.

Any takers?

I will gladly make the first contribution!

Did he really? I'm pretty sure NC football is as irrelevant as it has always been. Every couple years one of the Big 4 makes a run, but we are generally we're all about average.

If you're going to do a billboard, do something like the following (black background and gold letters): Wake fans and alumni thank Jim Grobe for all he did at Wake Forest. A Deacon for life.

No need for qualifiers or statistics. Just thank him and move on. He's gone so a "thank you" from the fans is pretty much all that's needed or warranted.

Last edited:
I'll contribute if you also post his record for each season the past five seasons along with total offense rankings among D1 schools.

See, here's the problem. He slept the past five years but Wake charged fans as if he actually cared.

And Grobe made eight figures along the way. That is sufficient gratitude for his services.

If you're going to do a billboard, do something like the following (black background and gold letters): Wake fans and alumni thank Jim Grobe for all he did at Wake Forest. A Deacon for life.

No need for qualifiers or statistics. Just thank him and move on. He's gone so a "thank you" from the fans is pretty much all that's needed or warranted.

Agreed...I would contribute to a "thank you" billboard without need for statistics.

And Grobe made eight figures along the way. That is sufficient gratitude for his services.

I love Grobe as well, but to propose that he hasn't been given sufficient gratitude along the way is pretty silly. He made 10 million the past 5 years without turning in a winning season. That aint too shabby.

This. And "in."

And in keeping with our nascent billboard tradition, perhaps we can get a Clemson or UNC grad to head this up for us.

This. And "in."

And in keeping with our nascent billboard tradition, perhaps we can get a Clemson or UNC grad to head this up for us.

Let's get a fan from the NC school he beat the most

Did he really? I'm pretty sure NC football is as irrelevant as it has always been. Every couple years one of the Big 4 makes a run, but we are generally we're all about average.

True, but generally Wake has been last in even that pecking order. Grobe had a winning record against all of those schools.

Why a billboard? why is our answer to everything a billboard?

Agree with a simple Thank You message if a billboard is to be done. Anything more would be unnecessary.

I think it would actually be pretty awesome to do a simple appreciation billboard for Grobe. Harder to label the anti-[Redacted] crowd as crazy and overly negative if the same basic group makes it happen, and it adds legitimacy to the [Redacted] complaints.

Will he be pictured in a golf cart with El Lobo at the drive in teller cashing WF buy out checks?

How about a billboard with the opposite of a toilet? is that sink or a fridge?

Back