• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC vs Wake

Dwight who? A little known guy at wake is raping him in stats and by far the best in the conference. How are you going to cover givens is the better question? "both teams have young talented QBs".. Are you serious? You cant even admit tanner is easily better.. Maybe the best in the conference to this point in the season. Your "analysis" if you can call it that is comical at best.

Also your assumption that unc has more talent than this team isn't necessarily true. Please, give up you have already shown your ignorance enough

Tanner IS better but not by nearly as much as you imply (Quick reading comprehension quiz: which quarterback is listed as #5 in passer rating nationally? http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics). I've watched both teams in person. Givens is certainly a danger to UNC's secondary and a very good receiver but Jones is a physical freak who will be a future NFL draft pick. Givens has more yards but Jones has more touchdowns.

I didn't want this to turn into a flaming match. I've enjoyed following Wake football this year. I realize that hating UNC is apparently in Wake's instincts but I actually want Wake to beat all teams not named North Carolina.

Tanner IS better but not by nearly as much as you imply (Quick reading comprehension quiz: which quarterback is listed as #5 in passer rating nationally? http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics). I've watched both teams in person. Givens is certainly a danger to UNC's secondary and a very good receiver but Jones is a physical freak who will be a future NFL draft pick. Givens has more yards but Jones has more touchdowns.

I didn't want this to turn into a flaming match. I've enjoyed following Wake football this year. I realize that hating UNC is apparently in Wake's instincts but I actually want Wake to beat all teams not named North Carolina.

So, how many times have you seen UNC in person this year?

Trickett is in the top 5 too.

So, how many times have you seen UNC in person this year?

Today. I went to the UNC-Louisville game. I also went to the Wake-State game. I had a ticket for today's game vs FSU but opted for the trip up to Chapel Hill instead.

UNC will have just met with officials from the NCAA because UNC is a fackin embarassment to the ACC and the state of NC.

Renner has gathered nice stats against crappy teams. Congrats. Let's wait until he matches up against some real programs over the next few weeks. All signs predict an implosion on his part, with the Goat fanbase to follow.

No one has been able to cover Dwight Jones yet so that will be a tough matchup for Wake's defense.

If no one can cover Dwight Jones, then why did UNC barely manage to scrape together 14 points against a team that lost to Marshall last week?

I didn't want this to turn into a flaming match. I've enjoyed following Wake football this year. I realize that hating UNC is apparently in Wake's instincts but I actually want Wake to beat all teams not named North Carolina.[/QUOTE]

We're dealing with a real genius here.

1) Didnt want a flaming match, yet you show up over here talking this shit after we get a big win.
2) "Hating UNC is apparently an instinct???" - no comment needed

:fu:

Not at all instinctual but based on well-established fact and long experience.

How did you get into grad school at Wake?

My bad, completely looked at that wrong. Thanks for catching that.

Also 6/10 is relative. @VT was rated 8/10, @Clemson was 10/10. Do you honestly think that Wake at home is harder than VT or Clemson on the road? I think 6/10 reflects a significant degree of difficulty.

I think it's a dumb and arbitrary measure.

Might be a good road trip game. Tixs should be pretty available.

Today. I went to the UNC-Louisville game. I also went to the Wake-State game. I had a ticket for today's game vs FSU but opted for the trip up to Chapel Hill instead.

So you went and watched that game and still believe that UNC-CH has a good football team. They struggled mightily to overcome an awful Louisville team in Chapel Hill. 62 yards of total offense in the first half for the heels.

Thanks so much for your lukewarm support. Keeping in mind that Wake beating UNC-CH's rivals has a direct benefit to UNC-CH, what do you expect us to do? Jump up and down and congratulate ourselves for bringing in a "fan" who puts us in second place? Or are you just hedging your bets for when your cheating ass school with all of its ill-gotten talent goes on probation?

Last edited:

Renner threw more INTs in one game than Tanner Price has all season.

Back