• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNCheat Got Warning about Suspect classes

seawolf2010

Reaction score
http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/12/08/2531820/unc-got-warning-on-suspect-classes.html

And we also have this quote from BMFD:

"There was nothing that came out later in the report that wasn't known in the first 60 days of the investigation in 2010," Davis said last month. "Nothing was new except for this ongoing academic issue that they've got that's been going on for over 20 years."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/...erested-usf-job

have at it :thumbsup:
*This continuing story coverage is brought to you by the tar hole haters at PP*

Last edited:
For the first half of the last decade, independent studies offered by the Department of African and Afro-American Studies were a regular go-to class for men’s basketball players at UNC-Chapel Hill.

In one year alone, when the team won the 2005 NCAA championship, basketball players accounted for 15 enrollments, university records show.

Two years later, members of the team all but disappeared from those classes, which did not meet and typically required a paper or research project at the end. UNC-CH records show just one basketball player took an independent study from the department in the past five years.

A university athletic department spokesman attributed the decline to a waning interest in African studies among basketball players.

:laugh:

I find the PackPride investigation, obsession, theories, etc., etc. at least as interesting/entertaining as the scandal itself. Years and years of man hours, crazy really.

Enrollment has dropped in the African Studies department, huh? Makes you wonder where they've got all of their genius athletes stashed now...

Enrollment has dropped in the African Studies department, huh? Makes you wonder where they've got all of their genius athletes stashed now...

:cool: I think we just found a new area to channel PP's efforts haha

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the next bombshell that Dan Kane drops. For a while, they were sticking them in some ROTC classes, until that loophole closed. Communcations Department would be my guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the next bombshell that Dan Kane drops. For a while, they were sticking them in some ROTC classes, until that loophole closed. Communcations Department would be my guess.

That is what Wake does.

Umm...I'm not sure you've been paying attention if you're comparing athletes ending up in certain fields at Wake to what went down/is going down at UNC.

Back