• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC's Stillman White gone for the next 2 years

It was fun watching him blow the game against Kansas

t1_christensen_ap.jpg

Oh shit he's going to come back all hulked out!

Not really sure this is news. This was the plan from the get go. If you go back and read the interviews from his recruitment I don't think he or UNC ever intended to play more than one season at UNC.

Good for him and best of luck to him.

Not really sure this is news. This was the plan from the get go. If you go back and read the interviews from his recruitment I don't think he or UNC ever intended to play more than one season at UNC.

Is he not coming back after he returns from his mission? If that was the case, then wouldn't he just transfer now and be eligible immediately upon his return?

Actually, it looks as if I was miss-remembering. Appears his plan is to come back to UNC after the mission trip. Here's an excerpt from one of the scout guys after his commit:

White, who also had offers from BYU and Utah State, accepted a scholarship to play at UNC and plans to enroll for the 2011-12 season, leave for a two-year Morman mission, and then return to UNC for the final three years of his college career.

My bad on the original post.

Is he on scholarship? Seems really strange that UNC would make a 6 year commitment to a 2 star point guard.

Is he on scholarship? Seems really strange that UNC would make a 6 year commitment to a 2 star point guard.

...and also, why was UNC recruiting a 2-star PG? Lots of loose ends here...

The article I linked stated that UNC picked him up after the departure of LD2 as a last minute get.

will he get all 3 remaining years of eligibility? I thought that you got 5 years to play 4, or is there a special exemption for missionaries. Could someone who is not Mormon do this? Could a Baptist start college, do 2 years of of missions, then come back?

will he get all 3 remaining years of eligibility? I thought that you got 5 years to play 4, or is there a special exemption for missionaries. Could someone who is not Mormon do this? Could a Baptist start college, do 2 years of of missions, then come back?

Oh I didn't even think about that. Maybe the 5 year rule doesn't apply because he won't be enrolled in school and won't be on the team?

SHOOT IT STILMAN!
THAT'S YOUR RANGE!

Me, Everytime he gets the ball. I enjoy it at least

I actually wish he could've been around this year. He's better than Larry Drew. *kanyeshrug*

Back