• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Underrated actors

Bronson Pinchot

Sam Cronin
Reaction score
John Hawkes

MV5BMTgyODM2NTQ0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc5ODY1NA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

He was tremendous in Winter's Bone in Martha Marcy May Marlene, among the dozens of other roles he's played. Not a ton of name recognition, but he's been prolific and always great.

I am not sure where the ratings are, but I have always been a huge fan of John Cusack and since the 80's, he doesn't really do many blockbuster style movies - so I could see him as underrated.

High Fidelity is probably one of my favorite books/films - Being John Malkovich, 1408 and Identity I really liked too. Hell, I saw Hot Tub Time Machine because he was in it, and it wasn't the worst movie I have ever seen.

Giovanni Ribisi is always good but two of his best roles were in that episode of The X-Files (here with also-unfamous Jack Black) and as Ralph from My Name is Earl.

black.jpg
GIOVANNI_RIBISI_2_shirtless.jpg

He is hilariously creepy in TED as well. From the medic in saving private ryan to Boiler Room, tons of great roles for this dude.

Giovanni Ribisi is always good but two of his best roles were in that episode of The X-Files (here with also-unfamous Jack Black) and as Ralph from My Name is Earl.

black.jpg
GIOVANNI_RIBISI_2_shirtless.jpg

His character in The Rum Diary is awesome.

110106stanton-paris.jpg

repo-man-harry-dean-stanton-emilio-estevez1.jpg

Harry Dean Stanton. Amazing actor, has been in a countless number of great films. Never been nominated for an Oscar. Sad.

Back