• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unemployment below 6%

Sorry, I need to use caveman speak to communicate with you. Bitches, the 77 percenters.

I see that you have a newfound appreciation for a second adult in a family. Will wonders never cease?

no matter how many private sector jobs are created the wacky right won't admit it.

jhmd, I haven't seen anybody on this board debate that marriage is a good thing. I have seen people debate what you believe that marriage is some sort of cure-all.

jhmd, I haven't seen anybody on this board debate that marriage is a good thing. I have seen people debate what you believe that marriage is some sort of cure-all.

Then why are we actively subsidizing choices other than marriage?

Then why are we actively subsidizing choices other than marriage?

Because I'm pretty sure you are the only one here that truly believes that government assistance for single parents is subsidizing folks to not choose marriage. Round and round we go. Time for your quips about the great society, I think. We should be back to school choice in a couple pages.

Because I'm pretty sure you are the only one here that truly believes that government assistance for single parents is subsidizing folks to not choose marriage. Round and round we go. Time for your quips about the great society, I think. We should be back to school choice in a couple pages.

So we're not mailing subsistence checks to people? I'm making that up?

So we're not mailing subsistence checks to people? I'm making that up?

You think people are honestly choosing subsistence checks over loving marriages? You honesty believe this. Were it not for that irresistible allure of government cheese and Obama phones, everyone would be the Cleavers. You like to accuse everyone else of having a low opinion of the poors, but this callous financial reduction of life choices is pretty denigrating. Your utopian idea that if everyone married and pulled hard enough on their bootstraps, we would eliminate poverty is impossible in our economy. Not because I believe people are incapable of making those choices, because I believe we are incapable of having enough jobs paying a livable wage for two parent homes. I don't know why I bother even engaging you at this point. You are essentially an Ayn Rand robot who has no interest in discourse, but just swings around your social Darwinist talking points whenever you get in over your head. Even ph and rj are more willing to concede when points are made or evaluate evidence offered against their claims not you, and Lectro. Hell Lectro is probably more interested in dialogue at this point.

[insert quip about softy bigotry, cost of tuition at wake, etc. here]

You think people are honestly choosing subsistence checks over loving marriages? You honesty believe this. Were it not for that irresistible allure of government cheese and Obama phones, everyone would be the Cleavers. You like to accuse everyone else of having a low opinion of the poors, but this callous financial reduction of life choices is pretty denigrating. Your utopian idea that if everyone married and pulled hard enough on their bootstraps, we would eliminate poverty is impossible in our economy. Not because I believe people are incapable of making those choices, because I believe we are incapable of having enough jobs paying a livable wage for two parent homes. I don't know why I bother even engaging you at this point. You are essentially an Ayn Rand robot who has no interest in discourse, but just swings around your social Darwinist talking points whenever you get in over your head. Even ph and rj are more willing to concede when points are made or evaluate evidence offered against their claims not you, and Lectro. Hell Lectro is probably more interested in dialogue at this point.

[insert quip about softy bigotry, cost of tuition at wake, etc. here]

You believe it, just not enough to incorporate it into any applicable policies. Other than that, totally on board. #nottotally

So we are doing that, and it isn't working, and it's actually making the problem worse. Does that matter to you, or no?

Last edited:
So we are doing that, and it isn't working, and it's actually making the problem worse. Does that matter to you, or no?

Based on what? The evidence I have seen indicates that proverty levels have been reduced.

Back