• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

United Nations Mafia - G20 wins!

Should we be worried about Knight not being hit and what do we think about Northern's true powers. Worthless or worth protecting?

Northern, are your investigations coming back as "not competing faction aligned" or "not mafia"?

Since redwing is implicated as "mafia" in burps investigation and "not mafia" in northern's he probably needs to go. Worst case scenario he turns out not to be aligned and the civs know whos investigations to follow.

redwing

Should we be worried about Knight not being hit and what do we think about Northern's true powers. Worthless or worth protecting?

I was starting to think that Knight's mafia team had a hit last night but didn't use it so that no one would question why Knight is still alive...

That makes no sense. We want it to be number 2. Then we would have two confirmed mafia. But I agree that his investigations likely all return not mafia.

I was just dismissing #2 as a possibility...

Since redwing is implicated as "mafia" in burps investigation and "not mafia" in northern's he probably needs to go. Worst case scenario he turns out not to be aligned and the civs know whos investigations to follow.

redwing

Agreed with this. Outright kill redwing and use this new information.

As well, I still think Northern should investigate a dead mafia member. If it comes back not mafia, then we know to just ignore his investigations. If it comes back mafia, we'll have to reconsider things with our new information as well on redwing.

Redwing.

I'm going to go ahead and push geek out in front here. He's done nothing to help to this point, and could be lurking mafia or a useless civ. Brasky is in pretty much the same boat here and it would be fine to lynch him too. DaDeacs is posting and contributing, so I don't want to force him up into the tie.

At this point, I'd like to clear up any misunderstanding about my previous comments. I'm not judging the Terp players for who they are or how they play their games. This is about them coming in here and taking over our games in a place where we belong, where we have always been (at least since March). It's just not right.

Based on this information I think that Burp is the real cop and Northern is the fake/misguided cop.

Let me outline for you guys what might be going on...

There are a variety of options for a bastard mod to use. I'll list them below:
Sane Cop: Always gets correct results (i.e. "guilty" for anti-Town roles and "innocent" for pro-Town roles)
Insane Cop: Always gets incorrect results (i.e. "guilty" for pro-Town roles and "innocent" for anti-Town roles)
Once the player realizes they are insane, they can generally produce effective results by reporting the opposite of what they discover.
Paranoid Cop: Always gets "guilty" results
Once the Cop discovers their sanity, they may stop investigating, as all results are equally useless.

Naive Cop: Always gets "innocent" results
This may be the most common variant sanity used, as it masks Scum even if the Cop dies early.

Random Cop: Gets a randomized result without regard to who is investigated - This is a bastard role and almost never used, but I wouldn't put it past 03 who seems hellbent on running a true bastard game.

We can eliminate two of the results based on the variety in both of your investigations. I have a feeling that Burp is the sane cop and Northern is either insane or random.

Could also be the naive cop. All I've received so far is not competing faction results.

This is a crazy game. I have received nightly investigations. They are as follows:
Night 1 SLT - not competing faction aligned
Night 2 deacgeek - competing faction aligned (shocking)
Night 3 redwing - competing faction aligned

Redwing is usually more active. Northern and I have gotten opposite results on redwing. I think it would be wise and most telling to eliminate redwing here. That would tell us who to protect at night. It appears there is a legit angel based on last nights results. If someone has a BG role, the BG should protect whichever one of us is correct and the angel should protect whoever is wrong.

I'm in for this plan. Switch to Redwing.

Is it possible there are more than 3 mafias? If there are only 3 mafias and each has 3, we only have 3 remaining mafia members - and if you hit on 2 of them, it goes back to what Knight said about it starting to look like we are either having an amazing game or we are missing something.

switch to redwing

Killing him should bring some clarity to the investigations.

I plan on investigating myself tonight. If it returns not mafia, then everyone likely comes back innocent.

I'm not sure the rules allow investigating a dead player, but investigating yourself is usually always an option.

Yeah, unless the rules say otherwise (and they don't), I think it's just a creative tactic that should be legal.

We don't gain much from Northern investigating himself. If everyone comes back not mafia, he will as well. I would rather him continue investigating people instead because when he dies and we get his entire role, those extra investigations will help us.

Agreed with this. Outright kill redwing and use this new information.

As well, I still think Northern should investigate a dead mafia member. If it comes back not mafia, then we know to just ignore his investigations. If it comes back mafia, we'll have to reconsider things with our new information as well on redwing.

Redwing.

Seems like the best plan to me.

Switch to redwing

Whats the count now? Switch to Geek

Still think Redwing is probably the way to go, but there has been a lot of jumping on board pretty quickly here and Redwing has some sort of post restriction that forces him to talk about the Maryland posters infiltrating our boards - do we really think a mafia would have that type of roll?

switch to redwing

Killing him should bring some clarity to the investigations.

I plan on investigating myself tonight. If it returns not mafia, then everyone likely comes back innocent.

I think investigating a dead CONFIRMED mafia would be the best bet. That would tell you for certain (well, unless it's random) what your investigations tell you.

Wow.. a lot happened while I was typing up that last message. Fine then. These Terps come in here and take our games and everyone protects them. Say it's their right. No. It is our right. This is our forum, regardless of what anyone else says. These people need a home because their board is terrible. That does not mean you can force out an entire people just to solve a problem that was caused elsewhere. This is why there is flaming. This is why there is trolling. It is the only way we have to fight back when no one will stand up for what is right.

Back