• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

United Nations Mafia - G20 wins!

Geek

So there is a 4th mafia? Redwing being a pariah threw me off as a 4th member, but looks like he was recruited. Have we heard anything from the G20?

Last night's investigation was a poor one by me. I had a player in mind and I switched. That was my mistake. I wish I went bentleys instead and then we would know about northern's investigations. I will reveal the name I investigated when, and if, needed.

I thought about keeping deakgeek's investigation quiet because I felt I left enough bread crumbs. However, when Northern claimed cop, I felt the need to get the info out there and find out what was deceptive and what wasn't.

Angel - protect me.
BG - protect northern

Northern - investigate Diego.
Civs - since this round is wasted from an investigation standpoint (we learn nothing from comments because the round s decided), go back and re-read the thread. Let's use this time productively.

Big fear of this game - seems like every mafia can grow nightly and we get no notice of it, so we have no idea how many mafia there are. though SLT was a civ at the start, we have no idea if he might have been recruited.

Last thought

Pretty sure there are no more recruitable playerss. The one issue players were the ones that could be recruited - and Toogs and Redwing are now gone.

And according to Diego, there are no more left - I mean, I guess he could be lying, but that was a lot of info to come out with to lie about there still being one issue players.

Since quite a few people have posted in certain ways that seemingly indicate hints to their role, it could be advantageous to look at who is likely in the remaining groups:

Ban/reform cits - 8
Security council - 2
G8 -1
G20 -3
IP -0
One issue - 0
Indy - 1

Ok, so I am assuming that the G8 people will come from those not having permanent seats on the security council.
Security council: China, France, Russia, US, UK (two remain)
Remaining G8 (after SC members removed): Canada, Japan, Germany, Italy (one remain)

Then, the three for the G20 depends on whether it is the G20 Major Economies or G20 of Developing Nations. Three major players are China, India and Brazil. But each are kinda for reform. Then you have to throw in Australia, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Mexico too.

The only people I am still wary of are Nonny, Damo and Brasky. I had a theory that Nonny & Damo were together because they followed each others vote 3 times in a row, but looking in the past not sure that sticks. I still like Nonny because his voting history altogether is suspect.

I thought Brasky might have been a One Issue Player like Toogs that could only post once per round - while he may have a posting restriction, he is not a recruitable player. Still could be mafia. SLT has been almost silent too most of the game and could be in the same boat.

SD3 has been completely absent accept to rail on Toogs and Geek and argue about how he is past his tete-a-tete with Toogs. There is something going on there, maybe indy?

Geek is the clear play here as he has already given himself up. Everything else is up in the air for me.

Subject: Contact me prontoly

MR.DEECGEAK,
PIT NOT QUAD PLC
LAGOS

RE: TRANSFER OF ($19,780,000.00 USD) NINETEEN MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED AND EITHY THUSAND DOLLARS(URGENT & CONFIDENTIAL)

Deerest Friend,

I have the honor and confidence to introduce you to this business in view of the fact that you are trustworthy and reliable.

I am Mr.RHTB&G (Round Here They Bitch & Groan).

I work in the foreign Payment Department of PITNOTQUAD BANK PLC LAGOS.

There is an account opened in our bank in 1990 but since 1996 nobody has operated on this account again.

After a private investigation I discovered that the owner of this account was the manager of TORTUGA AL-GRANDE CO.LTD - a foreigner who has since died without having a beneficially to this account.

My investigation proved to me also that nobody from the company knows about this account since the company has not become operational.

The amount contained in this account is US$19,780,000 USD (US!).

It is my wish and intention to take this fund abroad for investment.

My colleague and I will need you to set up a new accunt for this transfer and send to us Or you might send an existing account with no fund in it for us to use.

We will use normal banking proceedure to transfer the fund legally.

I will bring my position and influence to facilitate transfer immediately by highly legal means.

What we request is absolute secrecy and confidentiality.

And that you will never never disappoint us when fund is transfered to your account.

There is no risk to this business as I will follow the normal banking proceedure. This is highly normal.

When this fund is transfered to any account you will provide I will bring all documents used in this process to destroy them in your presence when I come over for my share.

Sharing shall be 20% for you, 75% for me and the remaining 5% to offset any expenses done by each party cause in business every cent spent counts.

Contact me urgently at RHTB&G@eaglezisgodz.com

Best Regards,
Mr. RoundHereTheyBitch&Groan (RHTB&G) (US!).

Since quite a few people have posted in certain ways that seemingly indicate hints to their role, it could be advantageous to look at who is likely in the remaining groups:

Ok, so I am assuming that the G8 people will come from those not having permanent seats on the security council.
Security council: China, France, Russia, US, UK (two remain)
Remaining G8 (after SC members removed): Canada, Japan, Germany, Italy (one remain)

Then, the three for the G20 depends on whether it is the G20 Major Economies or G20 of Developing Nations. Three major players are China, India and Brazil. But each are kinda for reform. Then you have to throw in Australia, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Mexico too.

The reformers are in good shape, but the G20 must be a third mafia. As a matter of fact, I am sure they are. They likely had the hit on night 4. They did not send their hit in order to conceal their existence.

Diego's post is the first that we see of them in the game. Hopefully, Geek is one of the G20 and we can see their roles and get an idea of their players. The angel has to protect Burp here and we should be able to pick them off from here.

The only people I am still wary of are Nonny, Damo and Brasky. I had a theory that Nonny & Damo were together because they followed each others vote 3 times in a row, but looking in the past not sure that sticks. I still like Nonny because his voting history altogether is suspect.

I thought Brasky might have been a One Issue Player like Toogs that could only post once per round - while he may have a posting restriction, he is not a recruitable player. Still could be mafia. SLT has been almost silent too most of the game and could be in the same boat.

SD3 has been completely absent accept to rail on Toogs and Geek and argue about how he is past his tete-a-tete with Toogs. There is something going on there, maybe indy?

Geek is the clear play here as he has already given himself up. Everything else is up in the air for me.

DaDeacs has been laying low the entire game. He finally gets called out on it and starts posting with a lot more substance. Color me skeptical.

The reformers are in good shape, but the G20 must be a third mafia. As a matter of fact, I am sure they are. They likely had the hit on night 4. They did not send their hit in order to conceal their existence.

Diego's post is the first that we see of them in the game. Hopefully, Geek is one of the G20 and we can see their roles and get an idea of their players. The angel has to protect Burp here and we should be able to pick them off from here.

Don't like this post - there are 8 of us left and 5 mafia and 1 indy, odds are not in our favor. After Geek is gone tonight, it will be 8-4-1 before the night hits, assume a civ is gone, and we only have 7 of the 12 remaining players - I am not liking these odds at all.

And really, who is Diego? He posts one random post - who's to say he didn't make up the G20?

Do I need to appologize for being on mafia all game? I mean damn geek is almost certain mafia now and toogs could be converted into mafia so what do you want me to say? And not that it matters but I have more posts than you on this thread, so not sure how that is being completely absent?

Do I need to appologize for being on mafia all game? I mean damn geek is almost certain mafia now and toogs could be converted into mafia so what do you want me to say? And not that it matters but I have more posts than you on this thread, so not sure how that is being completely absent?

While I did use the incorrect homonym, I said "except" for your posts against Geek and Toogs. I agree with your voting history, just thought you were posting a lot about your Toogs battle and not about much of anything else. I didn't say you were mafia - just maybe Indy. Still think it is a possibility.

DaDeacs looks a lot dirtier than Damo

Alright fellas, was trying to make it pretty clear - I am the civ recruiter, but with all the one issue players gone, I am useless. I investigated Hal, Northern, Bernie and Brasky, none came back as one issue - looks like the two were Redwing and Toogs. Didn't even know what one issue was until Toogs died so my investigations were completely random. After Toogs died, I thought maybe all the post restriction guys were one issue and Brasky had only posted one time each round - I was wrong.

Good read, though, Damo & Raise.

Back