• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

United Nations Mafia - G20 wins!

The thing that really messed with me was Guinea. I just couldn't convince myself that Guinea would be a civ recruiter. From reading the roles of those eligible to be recruited, I knew that there had to be someone on the civs side who recruits. I stupidly let Guinea get in the way of believing DaDeacs, especially as no one disputed him.

I apologize DaDeacs, I somehow knew you were correct yet thought you were also the most likely to be mafia. Not sure if me changing my vote to SLT would have done anything anyways. Diego - would you have changed your vote to SLT ever that round?

Yes.....I liked SLT as mafia, but if I made it through the night I would have voted either you or da before nonny

But it wasn't actually known. Knight had also claimed a posting restriction before I warned you guys, but his claim was a complete fake, just as yours could have been.

Actually, strike that. He hadn't claimed it. Not sure why I thought that.

He did, but I don't know if it was before or after your warning.

Regarding game philosophy, what is the point of that restriction and others like role claiming anyway? They lead to issues like this even with the best players (me). Letting people say and do whatever they want usually works better, with subjectivity diminished.

I don't mean that you shouldn't have "one post per day" roles, I mean talking about whether you have such a restriction. What is the harm in being able to do so?

Yea. I was hoping the cop or a Wake player I had played with before. Seemed obvious to use it Night 1.

You said something that put you on the list and the only other person I considered was the survivor of the tie. You were more dangerous, so I went with you.

Yes.....I liked SLT as mafia, but if I made it through the night I would have voted either you or da before nonny

I'm glad you went the way you did. Sure I still would have been on the winning team but I got a certain satisfaction by being alive at the end of that game, given how I played.

I literally did 1 thing right the entire game, made some long BS post at the end, and somehow made it through.

You said something that put you on the list and the only other person I considered was the survivor of the tie. You were more dangerous, so I went with you.

Hopefully it was this...

"toogs = tortuga grande. im clearing you now fwiw. awesome job with this if your mafia.

cider

back from work trip, got hammered on plane, passing out. will check in around deadline tomorrow. "

I said that specifically to try and draw an investigation knowing I was going to use my power.

-Cider letting himself get lynched as if he just had a bland civ role as late in the game as he did. He hadn't used either of his night protections at that point, so he was actually very valuable for the civs.

Thing is nobody had a bland civ role.

I thought for sure Burp had investigated me by that point so when people started jumping on me he could clear me. I tried to be out there enough that the mafia wouldn't touch me at night. I saw no reason to use the protections until I was cleared/end of game.

Other interesting things...

...people blatantly making up posting restrictions. Check RHTB&G's and Knight's roles. There is nothing about email spam posts or vote switching in there.

This also seemed to allow brasky and SLT to get away with being away for much of the game. People assumed they had a posting restriction because it seemed like there were so many of them.

I knew raise was just having fun with the role when he skipped a day doing it. Its best not to even try to figure out knight. Just accept it and move on.

I should have been able to find Nonny only. Everything else still comes back not competing except him. It would have mind-f'ed me if I got back a competing faction aligned.

That would have been epic. Would have led to me revealing my Snooki role and something about a misguided cop thinking I was a harm to society.

I thought so too but, while I thought a godfather was possible, I didn't see it in the other mafias, so I put it on the back burner.

Despite having a numbers disadvantage, the civs win this easy w/o the invisibility.

You have to consider that the game would have been played very differently. We had a feeling for quite some time on who the angel and cop were, but we didn't want to kill the cop until it was revealed that I was clean. As well, I never would have gone on that Bentley's rant as that was purely done to get me investigated.

Why kill me night 1? What difference would "parlay" make?

I have played with you a bunch of times in the past and knew you were a pretty good civ or a dangerous mafia. As mafia, you would have been near the top of my list of civs to take out. As it was, "burpterp" didn't mean much to me. I had completely forgotten that you were one in the same.

No offense or anything, but yeah, there's a good chance it would have been you first night.

Hopefully it was this...

"toogs = tortuga grande. im clearing you now fwiw. awesome job with this if your mafia.

cider

back from work trip, got hammered on plane, passing out. will check in around deadline tomorrow. "

I said that specifically to try and draw an investigation knowing I was going to use my power.

It was the "excuse" at the end.

For those that thought nonny's role was too powerful, if I had made him switch in OT and kill twice in the first 6 days, would that have weakened it enough for you?

Thing is nobody had a bland civ role.

I thought for sure Burp had investigated me by that point so when people started jumping on me he could clear me. I tried to be out there enough that the mafia wouldn't touch me at night. I saw no reason to use the protections until I was cleared/end of game.

Sorry, I was just picking people I hadn't investigated to narrow the field. I knew sd3 was going to be one and, ironically, I was deciding b/t you and Bernie for the other. I went back thru your posts and found you to be sketchier than Bernie.

yeah. nonny was godfather, and slt had power to come back as a civ, which he used on same night as when investigated. they had way too much power.

ellis getting aa'ed killed civs as he had the power to send to another player that he was a confirmed civ. sent that to nonny who never brought it up.

Aw son of a bitch Nonny. Between FF and mafia, I will never trust you again. EVAR.

I knew once nonny didnt acknowledge my "reach out" that he was mafia. But I hated the pile-on Nonny, and i withdrew my vote, which led to me being AA'd. Sorry civs, I screwed the pooch in a few different positions with that move.

I'm calling bs on knowing I was angel for a long time. Mods even said it was a lucky guess. If you knew I was the angel, I should have died immediately.

For those that thought nonny's role was too powerful, if I had made him switch in OT and kill twice in the first 6 days, would that have weakened it enough for you?

I don't really have a problem with Nonny's powers. However, I do think having someone who is always invisible plus someone who can be invisible twice makes it pretty unlikely the cits figure both out. If we'd killed SLT, no way we say "well Anon could have returned false results too"

That would have been epic. Would have led to me revealing my Snooki role and something about a misguided cop thinking I was a harm to society.

You have to consider that the game would have been played very differently. We had a feeling for quite some time on who the angel and cop were, but we didn't want to kill the cop until it was revealed that I was clean. As well, I never would have gone on that Bentley's rant as that was purely done to get me investigated.

Maybe so, but you were on my list prior to the bentleys rant, that just pushed you to the top. SLT was getting checked out if he sticks. He did something later in the game, after I had cleared him that almost had me look at him again. I brought up something about him being recruited and someone (da?) mentioned that he couldn't be recruited. Therefore, imo, he was either clean or a godfather. Either way, a 2nd investigation would be a waste. I never suspected it was a power.

I have played with you a bunch of times in the past and knew you were a pretty good civ or a dangerous mafia. As mafia, you would have been near the top of my list of civs to take out. As it was, "burpterp" didn't mean much to me. I had completely forgotten that you were one in the same.

No offense or anything, but yeah, there's a good chance it would have been you first night.

Did you used to have a different name? Btw, the game has passed me by. I stink now.

I think there had to be someone in the game that could find him. Especially with him unable to die at night.

I knew once nonny didnt acknowledge my "reach out" that he was mafia. But I hated the pile-on Nonny, and i withdrew my vote, which led to me being AA'd. Sorry civs, I screwed the pooch in a few different positions with that move.

No sweat. Just wish you revealed your power and your move. Not positive we get nonny even then but it was the only way he gets got.

Back