• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

United Nations Mafia - G20 wins!

I knew once nonny didnt acknowledge my "reach out" that he was mafia. But I hated the pile-on Nonny, and i withdrew my vote, which led to me being AA'd. Sorry civs, I screwed the pooch in a few different positions with that move.

I wasn't sure how to play it. I was assuming your power was either deliver your role to a player of your choice or deliver your role to the mafia if maybe you had done something wrong. Was not worth the risk.

I'm calling bs on knowing I was angel for a long time. Mods even said it was a lucky guess. If you knew I was the angel, I should have died immediately.

We had it narrowed down to a few different people pretty early on. As well, toogs had pegged Diego's role as being Ban very soon after he posted the people make up. For the specials, once burp revealed, we had it narrowed down fairly well. However, I think we only had two night hits prior to the final end of the game, and one we chose not to use to preserve our anonymity. Good thing too because the person we were going to hit was burp.

I ended up using the same language to describe the act. You had a tough role to play. Cuba just seems a little dirty in everyone's mind from the get go. Good game.

I debated making up a fake country. When I got my role and had WFU03 explain it, I thought "how in the hell are people going to believe that CUBA isn't a bad guy?" I also wish that my "reveal" had a few more teeth, like I got to see what the role was of the person I revealed to, or maybe got to convert that person. It really boiled down to the fact that I didn't really trust Nonny, and thought that his reaction to my reveal would either (1) get me killed, or (2) help me figure out which way he was playing. No. 2 ended up being right, I just missed my window to tell everyone.

I wasn't sure how to play it. I was assuming your power was either deliver your role to a player of your choice or deliver your role to the mafia if maybe you had done something wrong. Was not worth the risk.

Unfortunately, my job got in the way. When I withdrew my vote on Nonny, I intended to elaborate as the vote got closer to try and push the vote to lynch Nonny, but I didn't want to get tied in with Diego and Cider after they jumped on board my Nonny vote. I also didn't want to reveal too far away from the vote for fear that Nonny would sway everyone back. Then I got called into a meeting and everything happened while I was gone.
If I had just stayed on Nonny, then we might have taken him down that night, I wouldn't have been AA'd, and the outcome likely would have been different.

Other than fucking up royally, I think I played my stupid role as best as I could. It was fun, 03, thanks.

Sorry for all the ranting - I was pretty sure no one was going to believe me, so I tried to make it look like it was as frustrating as it truly was.

SLT - that is twice now, won't happen again... alright, it probably will.

I thought everyone played their roles well (except TR, that was a tough post). WFU03 is right about me even somewhat guessing it right on SLT, it only became obvious that there had to be something fishy and that someone was hiding when there were 3 mafia left and I was one of the three non investigated - I went on an absolute posting tear anytime I was online after that. Didn't work.

WFU - I like the idea of keeping Nonny's role the same, but having someone who is searching for him - that would at least somewhat give the civs a chance after he breaks a tie - granted we would have had a chance had Burp lasted one more night, because he would have found a mafia or another civ and realized the same thing I did.

Also, don't see how this isn't narrowed down to Cider and Brasky. As well, I think Diego has to be the last mafia remaining. Getting that info from him was an easy way to look like a civ.

Cider

Maybe I'm wrong (like I was about Bernie) but I really see this as "don't reveal because the only chance my mafia has of winning is me killing you tonight."

Nonny

ugh...we were so close.

DAMN YOU NONNY :thumbsup:

While your argument was fine, your style was awful. I would have killed you if I was the cop and knew you were clean, just to get you to shut up.

Still, they should have listened, and then maybe you wouldn't have flown off the handle.

edit: @ DADEACS 774

I'm pretty uncomfortable with Nonny leading this charge, actually. I thought his "Russia" connection was weak, and although the morans jumped on it (SD3 and Bernie), I feel like Nonny is leading people around for the last 2 rounds. Someone tell me why Nonny is reliable enough to follow?

I'm on to you, Nonny.

I shouted out to Nonny at 2:13 yesterday afternoon, and got no response. I also questioned his trustworthiness at 5:00 yesterday afternoon, and have gotten no response. He led the charge at Bentleys on WEAK evidence, and people followed. Right now, I have to put my vote on Nonny. I thought he was good before, but circumstances have led me to reconsider my original thought. NONNY

I was totally on to you.

I'm not liking getting sandwiched with Nonny votes by two people I think could very well be bad. switch to NO VOTE

:dagger

The move to lead the charge on SD3 ended up being Nonny's saving grace for me, without that, I didn't like his posts or votes. The Ground/Ice thing was pretty hysterical - Russia has a lot of both :rofl:

I thought the Russia thing was hilarious.

The move to lead the charge on SD3 ended up being Nonny's saving grace for me, without that, I didn't like his posts or votes. The Ground/Ice thing was pretty hysterical - Russia has a lot of both :rofl:

Yeah, the ground/ice thing was probably my favorite "read" of the game.

Sorry for all the ranting - I was pretty sure no one was going to believe me, so I tried to make it look like it was as frustrating as it truly was.

SLT - that is twice now, won't happen again... alright, it probably will.

I thought everyone played their roles well (except TR, that was a tough post). WFU03 is right about me even somewhat guessing it right on SLT, it only became obvious that there had to be something fishy and that someone was hiding when there were 3 mafia left and I was one of the three non investigated - I went on an absolute posting tear anytime I was online after that. Didn't work.

WFU - I like the idea of keeping Nonny's role the same, but having someone who is searching for him - that would at least somewhat give the civs a chance after he breaks a tie - granted we would have had a chance had Burp lasted one more night, because he would have found a mafia or another civ and
realized the same thing I did.

Yeah, I felt bad for you. I've been there.

Btw, what was your country and your power again?
;)

Also, I was kind of disappointed that I wasn't forced to reveal. Was all ready to pull out Snooki as representing Chile.

yeah, me believing Russia was stupid, but at that point we didn't have much to go on, and Nigeria posting like he did made me think that countries had to have post restrictions.

Bentleys was an indy anyway, so it wasn't an awful result. Nonny did you know he was an indy?

yeah, me believing Russia was stupid, but at that point we didn't have much to go on, and Nigeria posting like he did made me think that countries had to have post restrictions.

Bentleys was an indy anyway, so it wasn't an awful result. Nonny did you know he was an indy?

Did I know he was an indy? Nope. However, he was previously attacking me and I didn't have a read on him as being just a civ. My #1 priority with the move though was of course just doing something to get investigated.

Thanks for the game design 03, it was fun to help out.

The thing I was somewhat surprised by, was didn't Raise investigate Da the night G20 made a hit towards the end when there were only 2 people left in that mafia? And it came back he was targeting someone who didn't die (Raise himself I believe?).

Ok...given that, if you're going by that logic, Da is eliminated from being 1/2 mafia slots (the person who submitted the hit from that mafia). So he could only be the other one. Now, unless you believed Da and Northern were both mafia, at least ONE of the people in that mafia was cleared (to Northern this should have been obvious knowing he himself wasn't mafia). So, if you're following, that means that the G20 mafia would have had to submit someone who was already cleared to make the hit and not Da, exposing them needlessly, when it was obvious they would get less heat than Da.

What I mean by that is, say Da and Nonny were mafia. Nonny was 'clear' and Da wasn't. Not knowing Nonny couldn't die at night (because no one knew that) and just working off the assumption that should exist in both Da/Northern's mind that one mafia member was cleared, why in the world would that mafia expose Nonny to some sort of protection or investigation via Raise when it could have just sent an uncleared more sketchy Da if he was actually mafia? Combining all of those factors, the civ recruiter thing, Raise investigating him the night G20 made a hit, etc, and I think it would have been exceedingly unlikely Da was mafia.

Then if you make that determination, you sort of have to set aside Burp's investigations because you can deduce that they were flawed on some level.

I still don't think Nonny gets killed in any scenario due to his smart vote on SD3, but I think it could have been reasoned to go after someone other than Da there.

Last edited:
One day in the future, I will be a civ and you will be a civ. I will like that day.

Ha. It is always easier to see things and form opinions when you know the roles so who knows if I would have followed my own advice had I been alive? I just think there was a strong case based on math alone not to kill Da there.

Good game, WFU03. Nonny played a good game as well. SLT was so obviously mafia at the end. DaDeacs - that was a classic meltdown, unbelievable that the the other civs didn't recognize that you were GUINEA-CIV RECRUITER. The civs should have realized WAY earlier that Burp's investigations were tainted.

G20 you are welcome for us hitting the angel for you.

Also, there must be something about people being my mafia partner that makes them out themselves. That's two games in a row. Raise, at least this time it was a Wake player.

Looking forward to DUNE mafia.

Ha. It is always easier to see things and form opinions when you know the roles so who knows if I would have followed my own advice had I been alive? I just think there was a strong case based on math alone not to kill Da there.

Thanks for acknowledging my PM :(

Back