• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unofficial 2011 NCAA Tournament Thread

My friend at VCU texted this picture to me (taken at the VCU/UR send off party):

mms95picture6.jpg

March Madness weekend 2

Why do they insist upon putting the games at 7:15, 7:27, 9:30, and 9:57? Why not run them back-to-back-to-back-to-back?

2:30, 5:00. 7:00, 9:30?

Also they are just combining the various networks' ratings (i.e. 2.0 on CBS and 1.5 on TBS means a 3.5 for their coverage), so there is no real downside (from their perspective) to airing games at the same time

Why do they insist upon putting the games at 7:15, 7:27, 9:30, and 9:57? Why not run them back-to-back-to-back-to-back?

2:30, 5:00. 7:00, 9:30?

You also have to remember that not everyone lives in the Eastern Time Zone. For people on the west coast, those games would be at 11:30, 2:00, 4:00, 6:30. Meaning that 2 of those games would not be viewable for a lot of people that have 9-5 jobs. If it was the weekend, I would agree with you. And like was posted above, the goal is ratings and add dollars. Those come in the evening, not the morning/afternoon.

Tempted to root for Butler and BYU tonight, especially since Johnson is doing their games. A Butler/Jimmer regional final called by Gus? YES PLEASE

If only it was the first round every week....

New to this forum, lurked occasionally on scout. Thanks to irish/dv7 for providing an open arena for wake forest discourse.

Looking forward to contributing.

A BYU win would kill my bracket since I have Florida in the FF. But I have been on the Jimmer bandwagon all year and have watched a good amount of MWC hoops because of it. I will probably end up pulling for both Butler and BYU to win tonight for that very reason wsc pointed out.

9:57 games were easier to watch when I didn't have a newborn. Almost wish I was west coast.

Two reasons why 'Zona could cause Duke problems ... have the #3 3% D in the country and they give up very few 3s generally speaking. That should be a good one tonight (as they all should be really)

If only it was the first round every week....

New to this forum, lurked occasionally on scout. Thanks to irish/dv7 for providing an open arena for wake forest discourse.

Looking forward to contributing.

Welcome aboard!

Our pleasure to provide this place. Make sure you think our tech gurus (TWDeac, cookoutdeac and OliveGardenDeac) as well. They are the ones that got these boards to look how they do.

Also, big time props to Forest for creating our logo/banner at the top. He is a photoshop genius.

Welcome aboard!

Our pleasure to provide this place. Make sure you think our tech gurus (TWDeac, cookoutdeac and OliveGardenDeac) as well. They are the ones that got these boards to look how they do.

Also, big time props to Forest for creating our logo/banner at the top. He is a photoshop genius.

Thanks

Looking forward to BYU - Florida the most. This may be the biggest test BYU's faced all season, and it will be interesting to see how they respond. I think Florida wins, though.

UConn, Duke, and Wisconsin advance, IMO.

Any more predictions for tonight?

I hate to go straight chalk, but I do like all the higher seeds tonight.

Least likely upset IMO is Arizona over Duke... especially if Irving contributes at all.

Wisconsin seems more fit for a longer run this season, but if I had to pick an upset, this would probably be it for the Fighting Stevens'.

Welcome aboard!

Ahem....

Oh, and make sure to thank Moon for providing what he does provide. Which, rest assured, he will tell you about.

Better?

Back