• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unofficial Wake VS FSU game thread

Is there a reason zone defense has never been taught here. Odom didn't teach or skip or Dino and now Manning. How many times do we have to be blown by before someone wakes up and goes "why don't we go zone" like Syracuse? Let them shoot from deep. 3/4 of the points we give up are I nside of 5' this season or at least it seems like it.

Is there a reason zone defense has never been taught here. Odom didn't teach or skip or Dino and now Manning. How many times do we have to be blown by before someone wakes up and goes "why don't we go zone" like Syracuse? Let them shoot from deep. 3/4 of the points we give up are I nside of 5' this season or at least it seems like it.

We played a ton of zone today. It worked a few times then they started hitting a bunch of 3's. We pretty much got identical looks from 3 against them, we just missed them all. Because we're not good.

I haven't seen a full game in weeks for various reasons, not really because of apathy. I'm pretty stunned that we are this bad. Thought we'd hit the wall later in February. We never even got off the ground.

The problem today was moronic turnovers. We simply do not value the basketball. We turn it over FSU hits a three.

Just not a very good team. Neither DT or CMM can shot. If they could they would be players. they both play hard. DT is mobile enough just no touch and when he plays in the post against real centers he struggles.

I hate it. This team is a disaster. iI don't know if there are any answers.

When we got rid of Dino, or heading coaching was a good enough position to get head coach with experience and success, instead Wellman hired Bzzzz and now the job is no where near as good a job as it used to be.

Nail, meet hammer!

And now we go on the road for 3. Staring down the barrel of a 2-16/3-15 season.

Who the hell are we beating to get that third win, assuming we put together 40 minutes against BC?

Totally right. With his actions and management of Wake Forest Men's Basketball, Wellman has turned wfu22fan from a top 100 NC lawyer into a drooling, brain dead internet poster. Poor guy doesn't even know there's more to basketball than shooting.

That's funny. Like I have been wrong saying Collins is good and CMM is really bad. Suck one buddy. And if shooting wasn't an integral part of the game, why did Duke beat NCSU today? They have shooters.

This guy made a wise decision.

Yeah, still couldn't help myself from checking the score on my phone and turning a on the radio for a few minutes, baby steps, but at least I didn't sit watching that crap for 2 hours.

The reason Manning doesn't play zone is that he's concerned other teams would score 65-70 points in the 2nd half.

Crawford
CMM
Crab
DT
Moore

At times, you could sub in Rondale for Crawford and move CMM to point, if all you care about is defense, but I think the above is our best functional lineup (and it still has some glaring weaknesses).

That is 2 games in a row where Hudson has showed some life of being someone that can do more than just sit around and brick up three pointers. It's time to get Wilbekin out of the starting line-up and only play him as a back-up PG. You just can't have your starting SG be such a liability on defense AND be ineffective on offense as well.

I don't get how a coach on such a losing streak doesn't change his lineups. He's beating his head against a wall time after time expecting the wall to move.

I don't get how a coach on such a losing streak doesn't change his lineups. He's beating his head against a wall time after time expecting the wall to move.

Exactly. I've never seen anything like it.

I watched the game in a bar with no sound. Was the T at the end for the gratuitous 3, or did something happen after the fact? Never seen a technical assessed for that. Anwway, I like how the officials still reviewed to see how many tenths of a second we would have to dribble off.

I watched the game in a bar with no sound. Was the T at the end for the gratuitous 3, or did something happen after the fact? Never seen a technical assessed for that. Anwway, I like how the officials still reviewed to see how many tenths of a second we would have to dribble off.

Believe it was because Beasley ran onto the court from the bench with time still on the clock. He thought the game was over.

Back