• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

apparently it might be an unpopular opinion, which is shocking to me. Krackel candy is the worst among Hershey miniatures (Hershey, Special Dark, Goodbar, Krackel) and just subpar candy in general.

apparently it might be an unpopular opinion, which is shocking to me. Krackel candy is the worst among Hershey miniatures (Hershey, Special Dark, Goodbar, Krackel) and just subpar candy in general.

You have come to the right place.

Whenever I pull a Krackel out of the Hershey's mix bag, I'm disappointed. It's like getting a "Whammy" on Press Your Luck.

you're doing ok as far as opinions go until here... and then you're just wrong.

Krackel is the best in that bag. I pick them out and eat all of them first.

I prefer white chocolate to chocolate chocolate

Mainly, I just don't go crazy over chocolate. Its not bad, but don't ever go out of my way to find it.

The entire Hershey's miniature collection is garbage. Fuck your dark chocolate, and (hey RTQ!) fuck. your. krackels.

Krackel is like Hershey holing themselves in a room and saying "how can we make crunch bars but take away everything good about crunch bars and also they're really thick now for some reason?"

I thought Hershey could do no wrong until I got my hands on one of those miniature bags. Destroyed my faith in Hershey, the lot of it.

I'm fine with a Hershey miniatures bag having Hershey bars and even Mr. Goodbars, but if you're constructing a bag of "Hershey All-Stars," if you will, take a look at this list and tell me that you'd select Krackel and Special Dark. It's insane. Absolute madness. There are literally 8 other chocolate products I'd take before I even brought Krackel and Special Dark into the goddamned picture. Even fucking Skor would enter the conversation before Krackel and Special Dark. Krackel and Special Dark are miserable pieces of chocolate-flavored shit that BIG CHOCOLATE has tricked far too many people into "enjoying." Hand me a pathetic little box of, like, six Milk Duds before you hand me a Special Dark.

If I wanted a dark chocolate bar, I would sooner strut into Whole Foods and buy some ridiculous gourmet brick the size of five regular Hershey bars than eat a Special Dark. The Hershey Miniatures bag is for a variety of milk chocolate candies. Nobody eating a Mr. Goodbar is sitting there thinking, "You know what? I could really go for a tasty dark chocolate treat right now." That is a ludicrous assumption for Hershey to make, and it is offensive to me on a deeply personal level. This whole thing is just insanity, the more I think about it. If there is room in this world at all for a Special Dark chocolate bar, it is sure as shit not in the Hershey Miniatures bag.

Didn't they used to have Symphony bars in the mini mix? Put those back in there.

I love the special darks. I can't pick a favorite out of the bag, though.

Didn't they used to have Symphony bars in the mini mix? Put those back in there.

Wikipedia says looks like nope.

Assorted, a bag of miniature Hershey's bars, Krackel (crisped rice in a chocolate-flavored coating.), Hershey's Special Dark and Mr. Goodbar varieties. Devised in 1939 and unchanged since.

Here's the worst part of all this: Hershey recently came out with an assorted back of Special Dark miniatures! Like, that bag has a Special Dark krackelclone, and a Special Dark Goodbar. Why not just make that the exclusive Special Dark bag? Why is your dark chocolate still fucking up my plain ol' assorted miniatures bag? It's just an entirely different product than the other three miniatures. If someone wants dark chocolate for some reason, they'll buy (and probably have bought, in recent years) the dark chocolate bag.

Special dark is the best in the bag, especially if you have peanut butter to go along with it.

Mr. Goodbar sucks. For some reason Hershey uses the shittiest grade of chocolate for those bars and makes the whole damn thing taste like Jeef [Redacted]'s coaching tenure.

Back