• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Update on The Hoops Room

WakeHornet

Reaction score
As we prepare for the start of ACC men's basketball this weekend, we wanted to provide a quick update on food and beverage service in The Hoops Room (Windsor Club Room) at the LJVM Coliseum.

Upon purchasing the coliseum, Wake Forest Athletics became subject to the current Health Code rules enforced by Forsyth County. As a result, the food service station that has been available in The Hoops Room in years past has now become impractical. Although we are continuing to work with the Health Department to find more practical alternatives to serving food within The Hoops Room, this process will not likely be resolved until after the season concludes.

However, we want to encourage our Hoops Room fans to visit any one of the ten newly refurbished concessions stands which now include expanded menu offerings as compared to years past. With a variety of specialty items like grilled paninis and wraps at the Trade Street Market, burgers, hot dogs, and other favorites at the Deacon Legacy Grill, nachos, peanuts, popcorn and more at Fresh Classics, as well as popular offerings from Red Hot & Blue, Bojangles, and Dominos, there is something to suit a variety of tastes! Fans will be able to bring food and beverages purchased at the concessions stands into The Hoops Room.

Alcohol service has not been impacted by the Health Code rules, so the cash bar will continue to be available in The Hoops Room. As in years past, alcoholic beverages may not be taken outside of The Hoops Room.

As a reminder, The Hoops Room operates during men's basketball home games. It opens 1 1/2 hours prior to tip-off and remains open until 30 minutes after the end of the game. The Hoops Room is open to all Deacon Club members and their immediate families. For admission, please have your Deacon Club membership card or Hoops Room card as well as your game ticket.

We are looking forward to a great season of exciting ACC basketball action, and we hope to see you in The Hoops Room before the games!

We are looking forward to a great season of exciting ACC basketball action, and we hope to see you in The Hoops Room before the games!

Ah, so you will have TVs to watch other ACC games in The Hoops Room?

Last edited:
So, in the past, serving food to the public was never enforced by health code rules? How was this even possible? And wouldn't the City of Winston-Salem have been under even MORE scrutiny to comply with health code rules?

What have I missed here?

Upon purchasing the coliseum, Wake Forest Athletics became subject to the current Health Code rules enforced by Forsyth County. As a result, the food service station that has been available in The Hoops Room in years past has now become impractical. Although we are continuing to work with the Health Department to find more practical alternatives to serving food within The Hoops Room, this process will not likely be resolved until after the season concludes.

:rofl:

I like how the press release mentions all of the delious food choices available and includes popcorn and peanuts.

Those cockroaches that were found there were just Bzz and Wellman.

2009 when we beat Duke in January was a wonderful time there!

My sources tell me crow will not be served in the Joel.

I think we're going to need a deeper explanation of why food was served for a long period of time that wasn't up to the health code.

I'm trying to think what food was served in there. I remember the popcorn and other free snacks just sitting on tables and assumed that's what this email was about.

Either way, poor email. Either don't speak of the health code issue or at least give a legitimate explanation.

I'm trying to think what food was served in there. I remember the popcorn and other free snacks just sitting on tables and assumed that's what this email was about.

Either way, poor email. Either don't speak of the health code issue or at least give a legitimate explanation.

Years ago, there used to be a paid buffet available before basketball games. I'm not sure if that is what this is referring to or if that had been discontinued a while back.

Back