• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Urban and tOSU

I think Hello nailed it. To me, Urban gets credit for making Utah and UF national programs.

I don't think there's any doubt about Utah, but I pretty much considered UF a nationally relevant program when Spurrier was there. 6 SEC titles and one "Bowl Alliance" (isn't that what they called it then) title during his time there. Of course there's no disputing Urban took it to another level winning 2 titles in 3 years.

I don't think there's any doubt about Utah, but I pretty much considered UF a nationally relevant program when Spurrier was there. 6 SEC titles and one "Bowl Alliance" (isn't that what they called it then) title during his time there. Of course there's no disputing Urban took it to another level winning 2 titles in 3 years.

It is a really big deal for Florida fans to have more titles than UGA and FSU and Urban made that happen. It is amazing how much the program has done since 1990 (or when Florida fans think football was invented).

It is a really big deal for Florida fans to have more titles than UGA and FSU and Urban made that happen. It is amazing how much the program has done since 1990 (or when Florida fans think football was invented).

He certainly did. Talk about having 2 great coaches, almost back to back, I know you guys just block out the Zook years. ;)

God, so true. I can't stand UF fans. Hope Meyer goes to Ohio State, gets clobbered by the rest of the conference, has the fans turn on him, and then goes back into retirement. Seems like a pretty callous thing to do to a school to claim health problems/wanting to spend more time with your family, then turn around so quickly and go to another school.

Back