• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Urinal etiquette

Generally, I don't. I do go for the middle stall though, so I am not right next to the other guy. My bathroom has a normal urinal, mini urinal and three stalls. I am happy to report that I have never been in there with two other dudes before though. Must not be a lot of guys on this floor.

By the way, what is the point of the mini-urinal in a professional office building? Do we need it for take your kid to work day? Midgets that may work in the office? So pointless.

It's for paraplegics so they can pee from their chairs.

Why are people so afraid of the waterless urinals? There is a tried and true method to prevent splattering. Aim at the side curved part, allow the urine to flow around the bowl and down into the drain. No spillage at all.

Ours have a little blue shell painted in them. I can only assume it is a target, because if you hit that shell there is no splatter.

Why are people so afraid of the waterless urinals? There is a tried and true method to prevent splattering. Aim at the side curved part, allow the urine to flow around the bowl and down into the drain. No spillage at all.

That may work for someone with a trickle, but when I go, I throw more force than the washer they use to blast down the elephants at the circus. I've tried aiming everywhere at those waterless things and my pants always end up looking like someone shot me with a water gun. Unless there is water to catch the stream, I am getting soaked. The only solution I've found is to back up like 3 feet from the urinal and just hose steady from there like I'm shooting in the clown's mouth at the state fair. But that can get fairly uncomfortable if someone else is in the room or walks in mid-stream.

So when your bladder winds down do you have to quick shuffle forward those 3 feet, or do you just drip on the floor?

Definitely slide closer as it winds down. But it takes timing and control so as not to out-pace the deceleration and walk back into the splatter.

ETA: Way too much effort to go into taking a leak.

If you use the lower one you are contractually obliged to comment on how it gives you more room to hang down.

That may work for someone with a trickle, but when I go, I throw more force than the washer they use to blast down the elephants at the circus. I've tried aiming everywhere at those waterless things and my pants always end up looking like someone shot me with a water gun. Unless there is water to catch the stream, I am getting soaked. The only solution I've found is to back up like 3 feet from the urinal and just hose steady from there like I'm shooting in the clown's mouth at the state fair. But that can get fairly uncomfortable if someone else is in the room or walks in mid-stream.

Particularly hate it when you're wearing shorts and get the "splash-back" on your bare leg. I always wonder how much of the piss that comes back on you is your own, and how much is urine particulate that your stream activiated from the bowl and came back at you as part of a reconstituted urine cocktail.

I have literally never chosen a stall. I just walk in, and hit the closest one, regarless of who is where.

I think people who dwell on this type of thing have small whangs and just don't want to get embarrased... Same people who worry about showering in private.

It's a whang, and it's 2012. With this newfangled internet, yours is guaranteed to be nowhere near the largest and nowhere near the smallest they've seen.

Maddox wrote an informative chapter on Urinal Etiquette in the Alphabet of Manliness.

Does anyone believe in bladder telepathy? There is a guy in a set of offices next door who seems to have his bladder on sync with mine. No matter what time of day I go, he's either just leaving the restroom or is walking to the restroom when I'm on my way back to my office. I cant possibly count the number of times we've crossed paths in or on the way to the bathroom. It blows my mind.

Back