• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

USA Today's Week 7 Misery Index: Did Wake make the cut?

I agree that we should. I just hate that it's not acknowledged that they are artificially inflating their win total by scheduling those teams.

Is it really that "artificial" compared to what Wake, State, UNC and the rest the conference is doing? Most schedules are FCS, crap team, crap team, OOC rival or another crap team. So there should be 3 or 4 gimme wins. Wake blew one. UNC blew one. State will likely blow theirs against ECU.

Last edited:
Presby
Louisana-Monroe
Army
Vandy

Exactly. I think that this strategy is the way to go for a program like Wake. Getting to a bowl and having a winning record is more important to the health of the program than scheduling a "good opponent" and getting blasted. This is not a BCS title contender, so we don't have to worry about strength of schedule.

The reason that Duke is doing well with their shitty talent and we are running the option into nothing is because when it comes to offense, Cutt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lobo

You can score points in college football with inferior talent if you have a creative offensive mind........ just sayin

It was good to see this statement...

"and there's a lot of grumbling about the overall state of the athletic department including athletics director Ron Wellman, football coach Jim Grobe and men's basketball coach Jeff [Redacted]."

It was good to see this statement...

"and there's a lot of grumbling about the overall state of the athletic department including athletics director Ron Wellman, football coach Jim Grobe and men's basketball coach Jeff [Redacted]."

Don't we have an alum who writes for USA Today? I think he wrote a web piece last year.

Back