• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

I've listened to a few cuts of Rumer's. she's a bit jazzy. I'd like to see her expand a bit. She is really good.

I'm also not a fan of the new Band of Horses. The last 2 albums just seem to really lack soul. It's like their heart isn't into the music.

anybody know anything about some band called Tycho? they're playing at the cat's cradle tomorrow night and my friend wants me to go although i've def never heard of them. any thoughts/songs i should check out before i go, music nerds?

Awesome song, but no Big Sean, your crew is not bigger than Wu Tang.

anybody know anything about some band called Tycho? they're playing at the cat's cradle tomorrow night and my friend wants me to go although i've def never heard of them. any thoughts/songs i should check out before i go, music nerds?

Nope, but I saw the opener The Album Leaf ages ago opening for The American Analog Set. Very laid back, atmospheric. From what I read about Tycho it sounds similar. I'm guessing it will be a pretty chill vibe.

Nope, but I saw the opener The Album Leaf ages ago opening for The American Analog Set. Very laid back, atmospheric. From what I read about Tycho it sounds similar. I'm guessing it will be a pretty chill vibe.

AmAnSet. Now that was a great band! Miss those guys. Luckily Wooden Birds has done a good job of picking up where they left off.

yeah, my friend described them as "ambient", but i had no idea what he meant by that. i listened to them today a bit during work and you're right, very very chill. not sure how a concert of theirs will be but it should be interesting.

AmAnSet. Now that was a great band! Miss those guys. Luckily Wooden Birds has done a good job of picking up where they left off.

Don't know Wooden Birds, I will have to check them out. They were playing American Analog Set in the coffee shop this morning. It's all coming together.

dashionista -- you should swing by the Bungalow and party with El Chupe before your show.

Worth 12 minutes and a watch/listen. I've seen stuff like this before, but he's gotta be one of the sickest 11/12 string pickers out:

Not a big fan of all these comeback/reunion records but this could be interesting. New Lemonheads record in the works with original member Ben Deily back, Juliana Hatfield on bass and Ryan Adams playing drums and producing the thing. Ryan Adams tweeted: "Dream come true… Back to the punker sounds."

What are peoples' thoughts on Twin Shadow? A friend wants me to go on Sunday but I haven't listened and don't feel like queuing anything up at work right now.

He was at the earl last night. I saw him maybe a year ago. He is good live. Not super upbeat though. Worth $10-15 as a better than average bar show

Back