• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Purity Ring was amazing last night--easily the best yet of the recent shows I've seen. The band they used to be a part of, Born Gold, opened for them.

Others I've seen the last couple months include Meg Myers (dope), Night Riots (meh... I like a few of their songs but on stage they felt like AFI retreads), and Wolf Alice (awesome from what I can remember of the night, which was overshadowed by my puking for the second time in my adult life after the show in front of a McDonald's across the street. Wish I could have that one back)

saw fjm last night, he started exactly on time almost to the second, don't think ive seen that before.

Been rediscovering the Faces lately. I feel like a moron for not realizing this was one of their songs until recently - better late than never, I guess.

yep.

If you like Ronnie Lane, his collaboration with Pete Townshend is a must have. One of my fav albums:

Heart to Hang Onto features them both:

yep.

If you like Ronnie Lane, his collaboration with Pete Townshend is a must have. One of my fav albums:

Heart to Hang Onto features them both:

Sweet, thanks man. My music taste has gone straight to late 60's to Mid 70's rock lately...just trying to devour all the rock'n'roll I can get my hands on. Will check this out later in the weekend.

Been rediscovering the Faces lately. I feel like a moron for not realizing this was one of their songs until recently - better late than never, I guess.

So you wish that you knew what you know now when you were younger?
Getting into The Faces made me realize how wrong I'd always been about Rod Stewart.

“Rarely has a singer had as full and unique a talent as Rod Stewart; rarely has anyone betrayed his talent so completely.”

Just for fun, choose the better album by year/group of years:

1980:

TalkingHeadsRemaininLight.jpg
DavidBowieScaryMonstersCover.jpg

1983:

speakinginthongues.jpg
David-bowie-lets-dance.jpg

1985-7

Thlittlecreates.jpg
Tonight_%28album%29.jpg

41VESKMNZGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Never-Let-Me-Down.jpg

That's not even comparing both of Talking Heads' live productions from the 80's, one of which is a masterpiece, with Bowie's live recordings.

I like Bowie a lot, but I'm just not a fan of his 80's output. The Man Who Sold The World, Station to Station, and Low are the superior DB.

Back