• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

The new Iron Maiden is fantastic. Not that it means anything to most here, but it's arguably their most ambitious effort to date.

Good month + of shows coming up (after a drought of like...5 weeks without a concert):

9/17 - A$AP Ferg
9/28 - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
10/2 - Built to Spill
10/3 - Destroyer
10/9 - Kurt Vile (Waxahatchee)
10/18 - Battles
11/6 - Django Django
11/11 - Natalie Prass

If you are interested in blues, check out Winston-Salem's own The Luxuriant Sedans. Really, really good record just dropped on iTunes, Amazon, Google, etc. Mike "Wezo" Wezolowski on vocals and harp, and this guy is a stone cold motherfucker - as are the rest of the musicians. Straight ahead, no-nonsense blue soul. Well produced. These are my friends but honestly this is a really well-done record and fun as shit. I hate comparisons but Wezo sings a lot like SRV. Uncanny at times.

(These are old guys playing an older style of music really well, so if that's not your thing, move along.)

Clips at the bottom of the page:

http://www.theluxuriantsedans.com/music

Last edited:
I saw Titus Andronicus last night in Carborro. First time seeing them live but such an amazing show! Great set too; plenty of music from all 4 albums including the entire Act 2 from TMLT.

Back