• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

That show was weird to me. I expected an actual venue with a decent crowd and that was a half empty bar. They would have packed the cats cradle. It was damn loud and fun as hell though.

This sounds like it was recorded by a cult. Try to make it 40 seconds into the song. It gets good and creepy.

Yeah, I dig that album. That was another one of my Wexner Center bookshop gig records. I think they do a great In My Room.

I saw DP at Rock and Roll Hotel a few years ago and had a good time. They have some rabid followers.

Anyone like Lapsley?

Her album was this month's Vinyl Me Please selection - it's ok, not sure it's my cup of tea though.

RSD 2016 list came out a few days ago:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/recordstoreday/2016/2016_RSD_PUBLIC.pdf

I've looked at it a couple of times and nothing has jumped out at me yet as a must buy for me...anyone going to try to get anything off this list?

If its decent weather, I'll probably go and get something. But nothing on list jumps out at me and I'm done getting tricked into thinking any of the stuff I like is so limited that I can't get a copy later.

The new DIIV record is turning out to be a really good spring album to listen to with windows open and warm breeze blowing.

I dunno, it just SOUNDS better now in March in warm weather than it did when first released in balls cold weather at beginning of February.

I dunno, it just SOUNDS better now in March in warm weather than it did when first released in balls cold weather at beginning of February.

I feel you. So many albums vibe differently for me, as well, based on the weather. I am sure I will rip this during a summer dig in Collegiate area and vibe it just as hard but differently.

Listened to new singles from Foals, Bat for Lashes, Rostam and Peter Bjorn & John today. Nothing super great but I like all these guys so at least good to see them still working.

Back