• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

I'm really getting into this band Uniform Motion. There songs were on the sound track to documentary I watched so I checked them out. Really beautiful music:

Thanks rj, that's a classic. But it is true a change must come, and along with the change of the calendar, comes the end of Black Music Month, and I am on to minimalist, dark, introspective, slightly avant-garde, white boy pop music, and this is a banger.

I ask you, the reader of this post, what are your thoughts on partying? Do you like partying? Do you like partying HARD? Good news if you do, Andrew WK's new album is out!

The mayor of Boston just declared today "Astral Weeks Day," I think in honor of this new book Astral Weeks: The Secret History of 1968, by his namesake Ryan Walsh. Here are two articles about the book, and the history of Astral Weeks and Boston. There are a couple of great passages in the Boston Mag article. What a fucking record. What a story.

van-morrison.jpg

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/arts-entertainment/2015/03/24/van-morrison-astral-weeks/

"Wolf shows me a stack of photographs and postcards, all related to his friendship with Morrison. He hands me a Polaroid of the two of them, side by side, in the throes of inebriated, bellowing laughter. You almost get drunk just looking at the image. Wolf says you get really close with someone once you’ve thrown up on each other."

"Morrison first met Janet when she was 19, in San Leandro, California, during Them’s 1966 U.S. tour. 'I looked at him, he looked at me, and it was alchemical whammo,' Janet once explained. Morrison began calling her Janet Planet, 'probably because it rhymed,'

https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/20...Gq3F6Ec6bknmI72rTAZM/story.html?event=event25

Goddamn, I love these guys. Bryan Ferry is a presence. What a front man.

FUCK

YES

Happy Birthday to the one the only the slickest SLY

God he was so smacked out for There's A Riot Goin' On. Brilliant though.

Last edited:
It wasn't smack for Sly. It was coke. Few people were ever as unreliable as Sly.

Back