• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Friday Night baby!

Can't wait

meW0b6fGY-_20NmGCuv8oouQT3IuI889ArzlxKrwRGaQs9_SeA6BE9V8FVSxRcDrff0RxSKcColi9L4YK5Pn6cYsnehFmAFS1_wURXpDTvjuWafUTmaTl3P7MuqYQA2h39Rljj2P6CJ7VBJMS6xjMKZ2qGYXBsEdJtc=s0-d-e1-ft

As Trump's supporters in the white supremacy sector descend on Charlottesville:

Steve Earle is the fucking man, he's been singing about real shit his entire career
22000540179cdc68bcb0f09a5e7734bc.jpg

In 1976, a music teacher in British Columbia named Hans Fenger started making recordings of a group of school children singing the Beach Boys, Beatles, Bowie et al in a school gymnasium. Pressed up for friends and family, the recordings —one from 1976, another from 1977— lay in obscurity until being discovered at a Victoria garage-sale in 2000. Released a year later, the recordings —in which joyful exuberance gives way to a genuine eeriness that's amplified by the passage of time— became a critical sensation, and a new outsider-art landmark for indie listeners. And they soon proved influential: Karen O's Where the Wild Things Are soundtrack and Ryan Gosling's Dead Man's Bones project both verily worshipping at the Innocence and Despair altar.

Sounds like Aretha Franklin is near death. THE QUEEN. Long live the Queen.

Her Live at Fillmore West is the shit. Here are two nights. That band.

THE BAND:
Personnel:
Aretha Franklin - vocals, piano
"King" Curtis Owsley - sax, band director
Cornell Dupree - guitar
Billy Preston - organ
Truman Thomas - piano
Jerry Jemmott - bass
Bernard Purdie - drums
Pancho Morales - percussion, drums
Jimmy Mitchell - baritone sax
Lou Collins - tenor sax
Andrew Love - tenor sax
Wayne Jackson - trumpet
Roger Hobbs - trumpet
Jack Hale - trombone
Brenda Bryant - backing vocals
Margaret Branch - backing vocals
Pat Smith - backing vocals

Last edited:
Sounds like Aretha Franklin is near death. THE QUEEN. Long live the Queen.

Her Live at Fillmore West is the shit. Here are two nights. That band.

THE BAND:
Personnel:
Aretha Franklin - vocals, piano
"King" Curtis Owsley - sax, band director
Cornell Dupree - guitar
Billy Preston - organ
Truman Thomas - piano
Jerry Jemmott - bass
Bernard Purdie - drums
Pancho Morales - percussion, drums
Jimmy Mitchell - baritone sax
Lou Collins - tenor sax
Andrew Love - tenor sax
Wayne Jackson - trumpet
Roger Hobbs - trumpet
Jack Hale - trombone
Brenda Bryant - backing vocals
Margaret Branch - backing vocals
Pat Smith - backing vocals

yet buzz lives...

Still feeling some Jim O'Rourke. I may even jump into his ambient/noise stuff. This stuff is kind of off-kilter a bit, but more straightforward. I've heard a lot of good things about his latest, but I think it might be a lot of buzzing/field recording. Maybe not.

Last edited:
Pretty stoked to see the Wood Brothers headlining a show at Breckenridge Brewery on Saturday afternoon. Anyone else on here a fan? I don't think we've talked much about them before.

Pretty stoked to see the Wood Brothers headlining a show at Breckenridge Brewery on Saturday afternoon. Anyone else on here a fan? I don't think we've talked much about them before.

I've dug Medeski Martin and Wood, but I've never checked out any Wood Brothers. I'll give it a shot.

Previously unreleased Kinks track, from the Village Green Preservation Society sessions.

Most American Band: Grateful Dead
Most Canadian Band: Rush
Most British Band: The Kinks

Science.

More Science -
Most American Band: America
Most Europe Band: Europe
Most Asia Band: Asia
Most Chicago Band: Chicago
Most Boston Band: Boston
Most Phoenix Band: Phoenix
Most Berlin Band: Berlin