• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Girl of dreams just became executive director (at 29!) of this pretty cool chamber music ensemble, that performs intricate pieces (often composed for quartets/smaller forces) without a conductor and sometimes from memory. Unfortunately, I think I've been relegated to a different tier (tears!) of potential partners for girl of dreams, but we're still friends I guess. Which is nice. I'm sure she cares about me and shit.

Anyway, that's tmi, but whatever. Cool group!

Oh I shot it. We went out when she was a senior in college, hung for a bit longer after she moved, and still hang sometimes, but have only hooked up once or twice in 6-7 years since. I guess it could still happen again, though it has been made pretty clear it won't be any time soon. It's cool, I'm just being dramatic. Good person to know and keep in touch with.

Fucking Bob, man, he brings it. The delivery on the revised last verse (lots of different words in this version that gives it more swagger than the recorded, but retains the HEAT) into the harmonica solo into his hip moves is a trip.

Hard to touch the original, it's one of his great compositions, but I think this is fun.

Mattacks and Pegg rhythm section, holy shit. Great accordion. And Richard Thompson bleeding all over the place, wringing it all out.

Was flipping through the channels and saw a PBS music show with my sadly gone brothers McFadden & Whitehead. As different as night and day, but nothing could come between them.

They were equally famous for songs they wrote.

Lots of great fun. Can't help smiling thinking about them.

Heard the piano quartet on the radio last night driving late night from Saxapahaw back to Chapel Hill after Richard Thompson pt. 2. Pretty cool, looking forward to the quartet in a second here.

Maybe this will work.

Last edited:
Aw man, I feel like I successfully posted a youtube playlist earlier. Hmmmm...guess not.

I'll repost the 4th movement since it's kind of fun.

Last edited:
It was like a combo of Marvin Gaye and Serge Gainsbourg, rj, it was very sexual music.

Hopefully, you didn't ask What's Goin On...at least there was no R Kelly.

Maybe I've shared this before? Dunno. The sounds of Shostakovich thinking about killing himself.

Can someone explain Captain Beefheart to me? Cause, I'm like, apparently music dumb af.

Back