• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Paul O'Dette is the man. Got coached on some Dowland by him 10 years ago (he might be the world's expert on Dowland, certainly one of the best players of him), and we are doing Dowland this semester with another lutenist who was a DMA student of O'Dette's at Eastman. Anyway, here is O'Dette doing some Kapsberger lute works.

The whole thing (not the entire 40 minute set, which I don’t think Ive ever seen) from the movie - approx 20 minutes but a tight little offering — is on VEVO. It doesn’t tend to stay online for long (this one at 6 months is amazing), so check it out while you can if you haven’t seen it. It’s cool to see that even when everything was going to shit, they still love (playing with) each other and are having fun.

Ha. No joke, I started typing this, went to find the link to the longer set, and it was already gone. I watched some of it just this afternoon. Find it if/when you can.

The whole thing (not the entire 40 minute set, which I don’t think Ive ever seen) from the movie - approx 20 minutes but a tight little offering — is on VEVO. It doesn’t tend to stay online for long (this one at 6 months is amazing), so check it out while you can if you haven’t seen it. It’s cool to see that even when everything was going to shit, they still love (playing with) each other and are having fun.

Ha. No joke, I started typing this, went to find the link to the longer set, and it was already gone. I watched some of it just this afternoon. Find it if/when you can.

Here is part of it:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13rmt9

Beck, Cage the Elephant and Spoon are touring together this summer. Grabbed some tickets this morning. Sunflower Bean also playing at the NC shows.

Back