• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Here's to Shutting Up might be my fav Superchunk record

Roxy Music reuniting (partially - Ferry, Mackay, Manzanera) for the Rock and Roll HOF ceremony. Nice. Went on a big Roxy kick last year.

If you are as obsessed with '90's indie rock as I am, you might enjoy this new Pavement podcast called Meeting Malkmus. The guy is going track by track through pavements entire catalog doing ~12 minute episodes on each song. It's pretty good so far and has included some interviews with Scott Kanneberg ("Sprial Stairs") about the really early recording sessions. He just finished the EP Demolish Plot J7, so there is a loooong way to go.

Spiral Stairs is playing with local faves Spider Bags this Saturday here in CH/Carrboro, but I might be in Winston helping my mom move. Maybe I can make it back.

Here's to Shutting Up might be my fav Superchunk record

Also, super random: when I was in grad school at NC State the departmental secretary was best friends with Laura Balance; they were roommates in the late 80's in Chappel Hill when Mac and Laura were starting Superchunk and Merge records. I was wearing a Superchunk t-shirt one day and she said, "Nice shirt, Laura is my good friend". Her name was Wendy and her boy friend was also the producer on the Yo La Tengo album Painful. Apparently Wendy got to hang with all the big acts on Merge occasionally back in the 90's, Lambchop, Neutral Milk Hotel, Stephin Merrit. She was a really good secretary too.

Saw this and had to share it here: In The RP2A Over The Sea

I'm not sure if it is really Roxy without Eno there, but glad they are getting in. Love is the Drug is possibly my favorite song of theirs, but the "For Your Pleasure" in its entirety is really a great experiment.

New George Strait album available on Spotify today, Honky Tonk Time Machine. Despite what the name may imply, George fails to capture magic of past albums. However, this is still better than 90% of what they play on country radio.

I think my favorite Roxy is Stranded, which was the first without Eno, but I still love Eno. Those first five are all great and fun, though.

been on a superchunk bender hard recently THANKS chupe

Spiral Stairs is playing with local faves Spider Bags this Saturday here in CH/Carrboro, but I might be in Winston helping my mom move. Maybe I can make it back.

Don't know if you made it out but I went to this show. It was fantastic but I was surprised by the smallish crowd size. Pavement drummer Steve West was in the crowd and joined Spiral Stairs on stage and they ended the night by playing a handful of Pavement covers.

Don't know if you made it out but I went to this show. It was fantastic but I was surprised by the smallish crowd size. Pavement drummer Steve West was in the crowd and joined Spiral Stairs on stage and they ended the night by playing a handful of Pavement covers.

I didn't make it back in time, unfortunately. That's a bummer about the crowd -- good to hear about the show, though, that would have been fun.

Sounds awesome. Steve West had a fun band called Marble Valley, I don't think it went anywhere though. I saw Marble Valley open for Malkmus and the Jicks at Cat's Cradle on there their first tour in 2002 then Steve joined Malkmus for the encore and they did a Pavement medley then covered Champagne Supernova.

Man...this is weird, and spacey, and fucking awesome. Feel like I just took a trip around the sun; looking forward to the rest of the album.

Got Better Oblivion Community Center’s debut record from Magnolia Record Club. Conor Oberst & Phoebe Bridgers make up the group. It’s a pretty good record.

According to Facebook, Shawn Smith of Brad and Satchel died last night. Bummer.

Back