• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

SPIN names 50 best Rock Bands. ATL's own Deerhunter inclining all the way up to #1

http://www.spin.com/2015/10/the-50-best-rock-bands-right-now/3/

Haven't heard of at least 10-12 of these so pysched to check it out.

Really a list of up and coming acts, except for Spoon, since obvs the Strokes, Black Keys, Jack White etc make way more bank than all these scrubs. Still some good usic in the list.

Speaking of which, i'm not really feeling this new Deerhunter. It kinda fades into the background.

Another really tight show...highly highly recommend

No Joy and Sunflower Bean were better than DIIV

DIIV's second half of their set was super good.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a recommendation for speakers for a basic vinyl set up? Hoping to keep it around $200 (speakers only, have additional money for a receiver) or so and bookshelf speakers are an option.

definitely like Thank Your Lucky Stars more than Depression Cherry - feels like a return to the Devotion/Teen Dream era

what do y'all think?

definitely like Thank Your Lucky Stars more than Depression Cherry - feels like a return to the Devotion/Teen Dream era

what do y'all think?

I was actually going to say the same thing. Depression Cherry felt so inessential. TYLS is damn good.

i fucking love the new dan friel

i miss Parts and Labor but it's alive with friel

It goes:
1.) Halcyon Digest
2.) Microcastle
3.) Monomania
4.) Cryptograms
5.) Fading Frontier (potential to RISE)
6.) Weird Era Cont. (might not have listened to it enough)

I've never heard Turn It Up Faggot tho

edit: god that top four is insane, all 9.5/10 to 10/10 IMO, god, jeez

Last edited:
Back