• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

The new Two Door Cinema Club is some poppy goodness. Really digging it.

New chick band called Teen. My ears perked up when I read that this thing was produced by Sonic Boom of Spacemen 3 fame.

Scored a free ticket for Yeasayer tonight. I've never seen them, so I am looking forward to it.

Just looked at the venue -- it's a little barbecue spot just outside of downtown. Their next month of music looks like this:

Blondie, Devo, Beach House, Citizen Cope (two nights), Ben Folds Five, The Smashing Pumpkins, Miko, Alambama Shakes, The Shins, Matt and Kim, Galactic, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, AND ALANIS FUCKING MORSETTE right before Halloween. And those are just the bands that I am familiar with; I am sure many of you would know more.

Does anyone know about the 9:30 Club in DC? What's it like? I just got tickets to see Passion Pit there and I'm thinking about getting Two Door Cinema Club tickets.

Does anyone know about the 9:30 Club in DC? What's it like? I just got tickets to see Passion Pit there and I'm thinking about getting Two Door Cinema Club tickets.

I went to an 80s party there but I remember nothing

I don't care what you say, that Juliana Hatfield Three album Become What You Are -- that one with the "I hate my sister" song -- is good as shit.

Goddamn my iPod is on FIRE tonight. It is just hitting all those spots.

It's a pretty large venue (not an amphitheater by any means, but the largest indoor venue in DC proper I think) and it usually fills up pretty quick. There is upstairs and downstairs viewing. Upstairs there are seats and people gather in front of those at the railing. Downstairs is all standing room only with two large bars on each side of the room. Despite it's size, it has some really fantastic acoustics. I've been to some incredible shows there. It lacks the intimacy of a smaller show, but the sound quality more than makes up for it. I think Passion Pit and Two Door Cinema Club would both be fantastic shows to see there.

There is also a nice basement to retreat to and grab drinks if the opener sucks or you want to start a tab at a less crowded bar and don't mind leaving the main room to get bearz.

Speaking of bearz, their selection is pretty good, but not cheap by any means. You can start a tab, which is nice, but most of their beers range from Bud Light at like $5.00 to an assortment of higher quality microbrewery beers (most around $6.00 or $7.00.. must better deal IMO). It's not as awesome as downing $4.00 PBR tallboys at a place like the Black Cat, but beer is beer.

It's a pretty large venue (not an amphitheater by any means, but the largest indoor venue in DC proper I think) and it usually fills up pretty quick. There is upstairs and downstairs viewing. Upstairs there are seats and people gather in front of those at the railing. Downstairs is all standing room only with two large bars on each side of the room. Despite it's size, it has some really fantastic acoustics. I've been to some incredible shows there. It lacks the intimacy of a smaller show, but the sound quality more than makes up for it. I think Passion Pit and Two Door Cinema Club would both be fantastic shows to see there.

There is also a nice basement to retreat to and grab drinks if the opener sucks or you want to start a tab at a less crowded bar and don't mind leaving the main room to get bearz.

Speaking of bearz, their selection is pretty good, but not cheap by any means. You can start a tab, which is nice, but most of their beers range from Bud Light at like $5.00 to an assortment of higher quality microbrewery beers (most around $6.00 or $7.00.. must better deal IMO). It's not as awesome as downing $4.00 PBR tallboys at a place like the Black Cat, but beer is beer.

DAR Hall is way bigger than 930.

Is it just me, or is Brahms boring as fuck? Maybe I haven't gone inception deep enough yet. 3rd and 4th ate supposed to be his best, right? Zzzzzzzzzz.

Just looked at the venue -- it's a little barbecue spot just outside of downtown. Their next month of music looks like this:

Blondie, Devo, Beach House, Citizen Cope (two nights), Ben Folds Five, The Smashing Pumpkins, Miko, Alambama Shakes, The Shins, Matt and Kim, Galactic, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, AND ALANIS FUCKING MORSETTE right before Halloween. And those are just the bands that I am familiar with; I am sure many of you would know more.

where is this? Citizen Cope is decent recorded but definitely good live. He's a huge asshole though

Back