• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UT fires Derek Dooley after three seasons of embarrassment

FreeStateDeac

Reaction score
Tennessee canned Derek Dooley today after only three seasons.

And it takes a heckuva longer to build a winning football program than a basketball program (see, e.g., Mark Gottfried).

Jes' sayin'.

too bad we can't count on wellman to fire [Redacted] intra-season

3-5, 1-7, 0-7 in the last three years against SEC competition. Sad times for a school with a proud football tradition.

Reminds me of what Buzz is doing with our basketball team.

They had everything staked on the UF game this year. Not sure the season would have been drastically different, but you have to think if they would've won that game, things might have broken differently this year for them. The balloon completely popped after that game.

In his three seasons Dooley recruited 3 top-20 classes. He left the cupboard pretty full for his successor.

Cal has a presser scheduled for later today. #tedfordout.

Might just wanna make this the coaching turnover thread, otherwise we'll get a new thread for every firing.

I don't get firing him with one game left....if they knew they were going to do it, do it a few weeks ago or after the season

I don't get firing him with one game left....if they knew they were going to do it, do it a few weeks ago or after the season

I think they were probably planning on waiting until the season ended. But then got so mad after the Vanderbilt game they went ahead and did it out of frustration just to prove a point and make themselves feel better.

I wish that would happen at Wake. However, if Iona running the train on us doesn't do it, I'm fairly confident we are stuck with Bzkill until at least March.

One thought that makes me happy amidst all the basketball frustration now is this: [Redacted] has been at Wake now 31 months. There is a chance he'll be gone in another 4. That means around 88% of the time of that losers association with our school is already behind us.

Next week the Vols play Kentucky who fired Joker Phillips two weeks ago. Probably does not happen that much.

The day [Redacted] gets shit canned here will be the happiest day of my Deac life since December of 06'.

Reminds me of what Buzz is doing with our basketball team.

Tennessee has the 9th most wins in NCAAF history. Wake is outside of the top 50 in NCAAB wins, behind such powerhouses as Murray State, Oregon, Montana State, Dayton, Illinois State, Washington State, Missouri State, Bradley, and Western Kentucky.

Tennessee has 6 national titles and 16 conference titles. Wake has 0 and 5.

Tennessee has an overall record of 798-355-52. Wake's is 1442-1112

But yeah besides all of that, Tennessee's situation is a lot like Wake's.

Tennessee has the 9th most wins in NCAAF history. Wake is outside of the top 50 in NCAAB wins, behind such powerhouses as Murray State, Oregon, Montana State, Dayton, Illinois State, Washington State, Missouri State, Bradley, and Western Kentucky.

Tennessee has 6 national titles and 16 conference titles. Wake has 0 and 5.

Tennessee has an overall record of 798-355-52. Wake's is 1442-1112

But yeah besides all of that, Tennessee's situation is a lot like Wake's.

horrible post

Back