• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah Valley/New Mexico State Brawl After Game

DeaconSig

Reaction score

Wow. The NMSU kid Josh Howard's the ball at a Utah Valley player as time expires, and then the fans and a couple NMSU players go at it.

Top 2 teams in the WAC as well.

I have never heard of Utah Valley. Will take their coach though.

The cops and the local prosecutor should review that tape and charge the fans who came on the court and threw punches. The thing you can't have in sports are players going into the stands, and fans coming onto the court/field and engaging in a melee. I don't care what a player does to another player. As a fan, you don't go onto a court to go after opposing players.

Utah Valley is in the WAC? My how the WAC has fallen.

Sounds like somebody needs some culture, and we have just the guy for them....

I would assume the player who threw the ball will be suspended for several games.

I would assume the player who threw the ball will be suspended for several games.

Yeah, he's prolly played his last game this season. Appropriately so. But you also have to make an example out of those fans who went on the court. Folks have to get the message that they can't go on the court and touch a player.

Do y'all think the fans were going onto the court with the intention to fight? Looks like they were rushing the court to celebrate the win, the fight just happened while they were there.

I don't care what the original intent was. Anyone who touched an opposing player needs to be prosecuted.

I don't care what the original intent was. Anyone who touched an opposing player needs to be prosecuted.

I Think there is a little wiggle room (such as if you were on the court and the player just jacks you for no reason), but I tend to agree. IF you rush the court, know that what you are doing is not really allowed, so act accordingly. Celebrate only, and make sure you don't mess anything up.

Charging the court is going to have to stop. You ar invading the players work space and if someone were to come into your workspace dog cussing you, I would imagine you would knock the crap out of them. Therefore this stuff will have to stop at all sports venues for the safety of the players because fans are crazy and there is no telling what they might do.

Back