• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UVA LAX player hits cyclist with car...

Then maybe it's a LAX thing, because most of the guys I've met from there were LAX players. They were all horrible people.

Landon is terrible and the Lax players from it are even more terrible.

And this tragedy has what relevance to a Wake Forest sports message board?

I've never met a decent person that went to a Maryland prep school.

Cyclists are a menace. Never mind the fact they weren't wearing a helmet. Feel horrible for all involved

For any of you who have spent anytime driving around Charlottesville, I would say that this is not terribly surprising. The hills and curves and blind roads of that town always scare the crap out of me. I feel like I would want to wear full body armor if I were going to be on a bike riding around that town.

Which is why when my doc told me I couldn't run any longer after 2 knee surgeries I didn't even consider getting a road bike - just got an exercise bike to ride to SportCenter or a game. I have friends who ride, and who especially like to ride west of town in the pretty hill country. That just scared me too much to consider doing that. And we had a bike fatality on Main Street in downtown a couple of years ago, which led to a change in the traffic and parking pattern on that street. This is why you have to beware and drive slowly when you're in town. And why you need to wear a helmet if you're biking.

Even worse in Cville is we have some pretty aggressive walkers when crossing streets. And I'm a person that walks a lot and drives a lot through town. I'm careful as a walker, but a bunch of folks just dart out without looking to see whether you're slowing down. I've had to slam my brakes more than once. And what really scares me here is when people do that at night. Yeah, you might be in a crosswalk, but if you are wearing dark clothes and aren't looking for cars, you're creating a dangerous situation. The City has done a good job creating some flashing light crosswalks, but you can't put them at every intersection in the City.

Which is why when my doc told me I couldn't run any longer after 2 knee surgeries I didn't even consider getting a road bike - just got an exercise bike to ride to SportCenter or a game. I have friends who ride, and who especially like to ride west of town in the pretty hill country. That just scared me too much to consider doing that. And we had a bike fatality on Main Street in downtown a couple of years ago, which led to a change in the traffic and parking pattern on that street. This is why you have to beware and drive slowly when you're in town. And why you need to wear a helmet if you're biking.

Even worse in Cville is we have some pretty aggressive walkers when crossing streets. And I'm a person that walks a lot and drives a lot through town. I'm careful as a walker, but a bunch of folks just dart out without looking to see whether you're slowing down. I've had to slam my brakes more than once. And what really scares me here is when people do that at night. Yeah, you might be in a crosswalk, but if you are wearing dark clothes and aren't looking for cars, you're creating a dangerous situation. The City has done a good job creating some flashing light crosswalks, but you can't put them at every intersection in the City.

I can't stand driving to my parents' house out on Garth Rd. on nice days. Packs of cyclists are out enjoying the weather and the curves and hills of Garth road. There are just so many blind turns on that road, and it's incredibly dangerous.

The majority of Maryland public schools that these kids would've gotten fed into are perfectly acceptable (and sometimes probably better), yet their parents think they need the private education anyways. Which leads to a trainwreck/douche most of the time when combined with the type of parent that thinks their kid is a god while providing little supervision while the dad is traveling all the time and the mom is at the beauty salon.

/drastic generalization

I live in Cvl. I'm for bikers generally but I've never understood why they want to share the road when it literally forces drivers to veer into oncoming traffic to pass them. How is this transportation philosophy sustainable? Not to mention intersections like this one. 10,000 accidents waiting to happen.

Whoever said they follow whichever rules are most convenient was on point.

Why are LAX players horrible people?

One of my best friends played LAX at an ACC school, and he's about the most level headed, nicest guy you'll ever meet. However outside of him, pretty much every LAX Bro I've ever met is at least half a douche. And that includes a fraternity brother or two of mine.

Back