• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vaccine or negative test requirement for bball games starting next week

We get variants because COVID gets to fester in unvaccinated people. Vaccination has been a group project for centuries. Get vaccinated and end the disease. It’s only within the last year that people see vaccination as an individual effort.

Ultimate team sport.

One man’s hair splitting is another man’s precision. To each his own, I guess.

Or, you could just read the damned article yourself. This isn’t rocket surgery, and you don’t need to have taken Dr. Kuhn’s Immunology course to get it.

Oh, and for the record, I’m not an insurance defense attorney. Good job, good effort though.

I’m an attorney as well (semi-retired). I’ve done some hair splitting myself. Glad you wear a white hat.

The Work From Home Elite, who have artificially inflated and overhyped the pandemic for purposes of prolonging their going-on-2-years semi-vacation. They have stayed home, working roughly 3 hours per day, while touting the misconceptions that everyone else is staying home and dying. However, as has been the case since the outset, most of the world has continued as normal. But in their social media-driven bubble, the pandemic rules the world and dictates all present and future behavior. It is an amazing case of false reality that has steered the country off a cliff. It is amazing to watch how gullible and malleable people really are, it has basically become a cult of its own.

Facebook is the underlying cause of so much of this conflict. Mark Zuckerberg is a fucking sociopath who is destroying our country. The best thing everyone can do is get off Facebook and get out of your own echo chamber - I deactivated my account 18 months ago and haven’t missed it at all. Life has been so much calmer and my interactions with others so much more meaningful since then.

Facebook is the underlying cause of so much of this conflict. Mark Zuckerberg is a fucking sociopath who is destroying our country. The best thing everyone can do is get off Facebook and get out of your own echo chamber - I deactivated my account 18 months ago and haven’t missed it at all. Life has been so much calmer and my interactions with others so much more meaningful since then.

You're actually addressing two opposite problems - the echo chamber, and the sparring with other people online.

But you both show a gross misunderstanding of things. Yes. Me being vaccinate/boosted keeps me from worrying about dying. However, he continues to be wrong about vaccinated getting covid (even Omicron) at rates equal to the unvaccinated. That's just wrong. And thus, the unvaccinated will continue to allow the virus to replicate and mutate. And they'll also overrun the hospitals and prevent routine care (I can't do elective inpatient surgery starting tomorrow) And soon enough we'll have a nice virus that our vaccines don't work against. And the rubes will say it was all a scam from the beginning. When they never did a damn thing to help try and slow this thing down. So yeah. I'm vaxed. Boosted. And very likely good to go. But it's called PUBLIC health for a reason.

Thanks, BacktoBack.
As of last week, I can’t order routine labs on patients for (at least) the next two weeks because our hospital system is so impacted by COVID. We also have most of our elective surgeries on hold. Before you think this is just ladies waiting on their boob job, let me give an example of what can be elective. Skier returns from Mammoth last week after an ankle fracture that needs surgery. She’s splinted for “comfort” and transport back to San Diego. She can safely stay splinted for the short-term, so no surgery for her right now. She has to wait indefinitely for her surgery and recovery because people won’t get vaccinated. Because assholes spread misinformation making the decision more difficult for those that don’t understand the situation. Because who don’t understand science and statistics continue to spout off and confuse people. Because assholes going looking for the handful of (asshole) doctors that will tell them what they want to hear, ignoring the overwhelming majority of doctors, scientists and public health experts that are all saying essentially the same thing. Do you really think that handful of doctors have found something that the other 99% of us are missing or hiding. Does that really make sense to you.
That doesn’t come close to happening if everyone was on board with this vaccination effort.

Yep. I am glad WFU wants to avoid contributing to overloading our local hospitals. My 2 year old should be getting ear tube surgery this week, but it's been pushed out another month. Another ear infection and heavy antibiotic treatment in that timeframe is an almost certainty. Thanks anti-vaxxers!

Lol

You said "vaccination" prevents Omicron infection. It doesn't. A booster is required for that, and Wake isn't requiring proof of a booster. Hence, security theater.

Yet, with Omicron around, it is still overwhelming the unvaccinated being hospitalized.
Stop trying to lecture on things you don’t understand and listen to the people that do know this. Measuring neutralizing antibodies is only one way to evaluate the overall picture. Antibodies are only a part of the immune response. Their presence says a lot but their absence in measurable quantities does not rule out immunity.

One man’s hair splitting is another man’s precision. To each his own, I guess.

Or, you could just read the damned article yourself. This isn’t rocket surgery, and you don’t need to have taken Dr. Kuhn’s Immunology course to get it.

Oh, and for the record, I’m not an insurance defense attorney. Good job, good effort though.

You’re explanation is anything but precise.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you one of the arrogant assholes spreading misinformation that makes it harder for those who are genuinely trying to “hear both sides”.

did you sheeple know that seat belts don't actually prevent car accidents in any way? doing independent research ive found some people actually get into accidents putting them on or because they are uncomfortable to wear. seatbelt mandate? pure security theater.

Wow this thread exploded with stupid. Y’all do realize that children are second class citizens and have been forever?

At this point I’m just rooting for Darwinism to thin the heard. My family will be good, Im pretty much over worrying about the rest of you dummies. I just need to keep my one year old away from mouth breathers for the next year or two. Thats somewhat difficult in Winston, but we’ll figure it out.

Last edited:
Lol

You said "vaccination" prevents Omicron infection. It doesn't. A booster is required for that, and Wake isn't requiring proof of a booster. Hence, security theater.

No one of science ever says vaccination prevents all infections. It minimizes transmissibility and severity of symptoms. For your simple mind, that means you have less chance to contract it or suffer severe results if you do.
Sorry, severe means bad boo boo.

The Work From Home Elite, who have artificially inflated and overhyped the pandemic for purposes of prolonging their going-on-2-years semi-vacation. They have stayed home, working roughly 3 hours per day, while touting the misconceptions that everyone else is staying home and dying. However, as has been the case since the outset, most of the world has continued as normal. But in their social media-driven bubble, the pandemic rules the world and dictates all present and future behavior. It is an amazing case of false reality that has steered the country off a cliff. It is amazing to watch how gullible and malleable people really are, it has basically become a cult of its own.

FacepalmFacepalm

You’re explanation is anything but precise.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you one of the arrogant assholes spreading misinformation that makes it harder for those who are genuinely trying to “hear both sides”.

“Your”

Also, maybe I’m misremembering, but I believe I simply posted an article that reported the conclusions of a study. If you disagree with those conclusions, take it up with the scientists who conducted it.

Townie, I guess this why you chose a Sarah Palin avatar. OMG.

Huh?

I’m all for burying the limousine liberals amongst us, but I’ve been back at in-person teaching for a year now it really, really sucks. At this point we need to ridicule and destroy the anti-Vaxxers. COVID isn’t going away and COVID vaccination should be requirement for modern life.

Back