• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vaccine or negative test requirement for bball games starting next week

Question: what was the additional information that they had that allowed them to change their conclusions about that in less than a month?

I Iove America. You can be dumb, stupid and a total idiot. And still be free.

So why are we trying to talk this dude into coming to a basketball game again?

You go ahead and go to those ball games in the arena. When you come home and three days later you have COVID-19 I won’t tell you I told you so. Like I said before, you believe whatever makes you happy.

The blame would go as follows:
"Some unvaxxed Fox watching rube must have been near me."
I am fully vaxxed and boosted and would have no problem going to a game (I had season FB tickets and went to the ACC championship game) but I don't want to be forced to "show papers". Some can call me a Don't Tread On Me flag waving mouth breather, that's fine. Given there is a 3 day incubation period before you may test positive its possible the negative tested person was exposed up to five days ago. If you are for this mandate I wonder if you really feel more comfortable sitting next to a person who was vaccinated + boosted 3 months ago than someone non-vaccinated who tested negative 2 days ago. Unfortunately this has really been turned into a politically divided subject and if you don't feel the same way as someone else you're an idiot.

No one is unvaccinated and this has always been the confounding problem. Fully vaccinated except for this Satan vaccine. The number of unvaccinated people in this country is near zero. We now associate politics with life saving medical breakthroughs. Soon transplants, chemotherapy, genetic engineering, etc will be on the list. It's a self correcting problem over time. Soon we will read obits, " my daddy died at fifty, but how heroic he was for taking 12 vaccines, but refusing the Covid vaccine. He's my hero."

It's a Yahoo article so take it for what it's worth.

Currently, 62.4% of the U.S. population is fully vaccinated, 74% have received at least one dose, and 35.3% of the fully vaccinated have been boosted, according to CDC data.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/omicron-natural-immunity-doctor-161847721.html

You’re missing the point amigo. Of course rona will be in that stadium. But wake wants to whatever it can to lower the risk of an outbreak in the student population and/or kill unvaccinated rubes. Why is this so difficult? You “show papers” to buy alcohol, drive a car, board a plane, enroll in kindergarten, leave the country, get healthcare, apply to college, on and on…

You’re missing the point amigo. Of course rona will be in that stadium. But wake wants to whatever it can to lower the risk of an outbreak in the student population and/or kill unvaccinated rubes. Why is this so difficult? You “show papers” to buy alcohol, drive a car, board a plane, enroll in kindergarten, leave the country, get healthcare, apply to college, on and on…

Do you really feel more comfortable sitting next to a person who was vaccinated + boosted 3 months ago than someone non-vaccinated who tested negative 2 days ago?

Do you really feel more comfortable sitting next to a person who was vaccinated + boosted 3 months ago than someone non-vaccinated who tested negative 2 days ago?

Yes 100%. Also you keep missing the point - though they don’t deserve it Wake is trying to protect the rubes.

You’re missing the point amigo. It doesn’t matter. People with or without the vaccine can get it and transmit it. Why is this so hard to understand? We are seeing this all over the planet. Being vaccinated in that arena is not going to prevent you from getting the virus. You might suffer symptoms much less than someone who is not vaccinated but you still can get it.

If I don’t know them I’m going to be masked anyway. So I’m comfortable either way.

I Iove America. You can be dumb, stupid and a total idiot. And still be free.

You mean ‘Merica, where thar freedumbs? Hold dat AR-15 and watch it on the tube. You have a rite to not show dem papers to da Communists.

Yup. That’s why I paid that $3000 a year for Wake Forest education.

You’re missing the point amigo. It doesn’t matter. People with or without the vaccine can get it and transmit it. Why is this so hard to understand? We are seeing this all over the planet. Being vaccinated in that arena is not going to prevent you from getting the virus. You might suffer symptoms much less than someone who is not vaccinated but you still can get it.

TR1987! one of the great posters from the old days. when folks were debating about whether ish was an acc caliber pg his first couple years, TR got clowned (i was probably part of it) for claiming ish had a great shot to be an nba pg.

anyway, people can think what they want but i do think in a decade or two on these here crazy rjkarl boards, we will be reminiscing about the great breakout season of forbes and manman but probably not about restrictions that will seem pretty minor in retrospect. idk but i feel it’s pretty common that folks end up regretting missing out on things to make “a point” (i know i do). but who knows.

That’s the point 8xdeac!

Back