• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vallos vs Looney in Super Bowl? How many WFU players have SB rings?

socaldeac

Reaction score
Proehl - 2 St Louis, Indy
Coghill - 1 or 2?
McCrary - 1 Baltimore
Punter for Steelers?

Fill in the list

OL Jim Clack had 2 with the Steelers in the 70s. OL Bill Ard with the1987 Giants. Ricky Proehl with the greatest show on turf.

Last edited:
I think Ed Bradley won one or two with the Steelers. Didn't Coghill play for the Broncos when they won?

Coghill - 1 or 2?
McCrary - 1 Baltimore
Punter for Steelers?

Fill in the list

Unfortunately, Harry Newsome punted for the Steelers 1985 - 1989, in between superbowl appearances, so no.

I think Ed Bradley won one or two with the Steelers. Didn't Coghill play for the Broncos when they won?

Ed Bradley and Jim Clack were both on the first two (1974 & 1975) Steelers Superbowl teams. Both were gone for the next pair of Steelers wins

Was Tony Mayberry on the Bucs Super Bowl team? He definitely played there a few years.

Coghill - 1 or 2?
McCrary - 1 Baltimore
Punter for Steelers?

Fill in the list

George Coghill was a rookie when the Broncs won in 1998, still at Wake in 1997. So only one ring.

In fact-checking one of my (ultimately incorrect) potential candidates for this thread, I was surprised - nay shocked - to find that Charlie Crist played QB for the Deacs in the 1970s. hadn't heard that before, though I was more of a hoops fan back then.

BeZYEcbCMAEY77g.jpg:large

Vallos & family

George Coghill was a rookie when the Broncs won in 1998, still at Wake in 1997. So only one ring.

Coghill graduated in 92, I think. He most certainly was not still at Wake in 97. Saints drafted him originally, but he played overseas for a few years.

ETA the Saints didn't draft him, but signed him as a UFA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Coghill

In fact-checking one of my (ultimately incorrect) potential candidates for this thread, I was surprised - nay shocked - to find that Charlie Crist played QB for the Deacs in the 1970s. hadn't heard that before, though I was more of a hoops fan back then.

It was mentioned during the FSU-Wake games when he was governor. He was interviewed during at least one of them. He transferred to FSU.

He's still a Deac. He was on the team bus with Grobe at Notre Dame. I shook his hand and took a picture with him.

I think my room dawg (as we used to say in the '90's) Jay Williams has a ring with the Rams.

Back