• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vanderbilt wants to replace Wake game with MTSU

I'm shocked that two private schools whose alumni and student base are largely not from the state or city where the school is struggles with attendance the weekend of Thanksgiving when everyone is on break.

Hello bitches. Let's set up a home and home.

That was actually my thought. Low cost for travel, probable win, likely a reasonable fan turnout. The Lambert connection could also play into it.

If we want six wins a season, UNCC isn't a bad idea.

The contrast between the two programs, and the two head coaches in particular, could not be more stark right now. I don't blame Vandy for wanting out. Wasn't this series Wellman's brainchild in the first place? Figures.

Let's put ECU on at the end of the season. It's not high profile but it is a money maker.

First team I thought of. Or App. One of those two. Need a school that can generate interest. Was stupid to try to manufacture a rival with Vandy.

First team I thought of. Or App. One of those two. Need a school that can generate interest. Was stupid to try to manufacture a rival with Vandy.

App? Awful idea. It's been explained, so I won't do it again.

Glad that Vandy wants out, I do too as long as Franklin is there. App doesn't work since they are 1-AA. UNCC will be in CUSA so that will help get us bowl eligible. Call Lambert and set it up!

Glad to hear this as well. Didn't really like it when it appeared to be a W for us, damn sure hated it the past couple years! As others have said, Franklin's making those young guys believers and Grobes on the sidelines looking like a baby filling their diaper...

I'd be very happy with UNCC. Makes even more sense than ECU at this point.

If Vandy is a guaranteed loss then we need to fire Grobe yesterday.

It wasn't a guaranteed loss until Vandy hired Franklin. I was at both ass-whippings Vandy gave us the last 2 seasons at BB&T Field and both games were ridiculous. Of course, the first one was because we clinched bowl eligibility the week before against Maryland and several of the players were supposedly sick (at least this is what we were told). I believe the truth is that Franklin and his staff went in and coached up Vandy's players a helluva lot more than our staff has done with our players. Unless Franklin leaves or the series is cancelled, we'll lose the rest of the games against Vandy.

Good riddance, I hate playing Vandy.

Well sure, for us. Vanderbilt has had plenty of passion the past couple of years. Check out the video from their game against us this season.

I'm glad to get rid of the rivalry just so we don't have to be smacked in the face with the contrast between Grobe collecting paychecks and buying into LOWF and Franklin believing that Vandy can play with anyone.

I agree with you. Franklin seems to have what it takes. Grobe may have had it at one time. But getting rid of Vandy and getting a weaker Div I team would help us.

Back