• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vandy Post-Game Controversy

Never underestimate the overreaction of middle aged white men to the actions of a bunch of young student athletes.

Those kids best get off my lawn.

If anything, I'd be happy that UT cares enough about me to do have a special chant just for beating Vandy.

The upside to all of this is that Dooley's mother won't be calling the Knoxville radio talk shows whining about fans picking on her little boy.

lol that Tennessee's "thing" is now being able to dominate Vandy.

Enjoy dancing in the locker room while it lasts. Your Tennessee degrees in urban studies are going to be super useful in life. Have fun mowing some Vandy grad's lawn... if you're lucky.

as someone who loathes UT and whose parents both went to Vanderbilt, this is a complete non-issue. It's just kids celebrating a win. And the song seems like a generic tradition that they sing after every win "I don't give a damn about_______________, because I'm from Tennessee."

I thought that was an Ohio State song. The way I've heard it is: "We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan. We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from O-HI-O."

Last edited:
I thought that was an Ohio State song. The way I've heard it is: "We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan. We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from O-HI-O."

^^^^^^ YUP

So a bunch of 18-22 guys jumped around, yelled, and chanted in their locker room after winning a football game? How is that a big deal? It happens all across the country every Friday and Saturday night.

agreed

as someone who loathes UT and whose parents both went to Vanderbilt, this is a complete non-issue. It's just kids celebrating a win. And the song seems like a generic tradition that they sing after every win "I don't give a damn about_______________, because I'm from Tennessee."

Normally the chant is a damn about the state of _________. I guess when it is a private school the word school is substitued for state.

You lost. They taunted you. Boo Hoo.

Wanna know how to redress this situation? Don't lose.

I've got a whole branch of the family that went to UT and a cousin on the other side of the family who is married to one of those fuckheads, so I get more than my fill of UT bullshit, but this doesn't bother me at all.

I'm sure it is. I mean if it weren't, they'd have to learn more than one song.

who gives a shit

This. I am much more concerned that Vanderbilt has a sociopath on their offensive line, Jelesky.

Jelesky likes to wait until nobody is looking and then blindside guys and go for the knees of the defensive linemen - well after the play is down field or over.

He does that to Wilber or Whitlock and takes out their knee/knees - we got a problem.

That is reason #99 why we need to come out focused and play to WIN on Saturday.

Not sure about this Vandy coach. He seems to get caught in too much stuff after games. He and UGA's defensive coordinator were jawing at each other a few weeks ago.

Back