• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VaTech Roster and Injuries

JGDeac

Reaction score
VT's offense is healthy and they have eight starters who have started in ten or more games. These eight guys have started a total of 220(!) games in their career. Their offensive line is loaded with redshirt Srs and their starting WRs are two of their alltime leaders in receptions and yards. I'm at a loss as to how Clemson was in their backfield all game with that kind of experience on the line.

Their defense is a different story. Several injuries in their front seven and they only have five starters who have started more than ten games in their career and on average these guys have only started about fifteen games each so they are young on D with little experience. I really hope Harris can at least split carries with BP.

Also thought it was interesting that VT redshirts about 75% of their players.

Basically sounds like field position will be a huge factor (when isn't it?) which does not bode well for us. However, I like the way our defense has been playing lately. A bend but don't break mentality and a few turnovers would be real nice Saturday.

Basically sounds like field position will be a huge factor (when isn't it?) which does not bode well for us. However, I like the way our defense has been playing lately. A bend but don't break mentality and a few turnovers would be real nice Saturday.

Well, Wulfeck is 11th in the ACC at 36 yds per punt, but VT's punter is 12 at 33 yds per punt. So mzybe field position won't be as bad as previous games.

Well, Wulfeck is 11th in the ACC at 36 yds per punt, but VT's punter is 12 at 33 yds per punt. So mzybe field position won't be as bad as previous games.

Wow. I guess you have to have powerful offenses when your punting game is that bad.

JG -

You may have missed this post their game with Miami....

Speaking of injuries…: Two other Tech players went down with injuries during the game. In addition to Gouveia-Winslow, who did not return in the game, the Hokies also saw defensive end James Gayle and right guard Jaymes Brooks go down with ankle injuries.
Gayle did not return, leaving most of the reps to back-up Tyrel Wilson, a seldom-used redshirt sophomore from Hampton, Va. Wilson finished with two assists.
Brooks missed the remainder of the series in which he got hurt, but came back in the game on the next series. Michael Via got the reps during Brooks’ absence.

I seem to remember that VT started a new Frosh punter last week who was much better--drawing a standing ovation from the crowd for a 50+ yard punt. That advantage may be gone.

Back