• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Veterans call out Richard Burr on his hypocrisy regarding veterans' issues

1. Privatize care for the veterans. I wonder how many of the organizations' members criticizing this option like the idea of single-payer. Just wondering.
2. Cut the military budget in half, though that's only a start.
3. Quit sending troops to get in the middle of things that are not our concern.

Then we wouldn't need a Department of Veterans Affairs. We can't do any of that because war is the health of the state.

Those are VSOs. Important organizations, sure, but essentially lobbyists. And Burr is dead-on about them with this bit: "more interested in their own livelihoods and Washington connections than they are to the needs of their own members.”

Not being at war =/= not needing the VA

Interesting that there has been no thread or discussion of the VA scandal on this board until a Republican says something objectionable about it.

Actually, I think the boards' conservative flag-bearers' obsession with a 100-page Benghazi thread while our veterans' care goes unnoticed is a near-perfect reflection of what has been going on in the House.

Actually, I think the boards' conservative flag-bearers' obsession with a 100-page Benghazi thread while our veterans' care goes unnoticed is a near-perfect reflection of what has been going on in the House.

So because of a thread on a subfolder of an off-brand ACC sports board, the Obama Administration was distracted from running the VA well enough to avoid veterans dying on secret waitlists designed to make their numbers look better. Clearly it is anyone's fault but the Administration's. No, never that. It is all become so clear to me now....

Interesting that there has been no thread or discussion of the VA scandal on this board until a Republican says something objectionable about it.

The people in Phoenix should be fired. There should also be a criminal investigation to see if they broke any laws.

The biggest problem the VA has is that have had to add over 2,000,000 new beneficiaries due to the immorally,lie created Iraq War. We have ample evidence that W wanted this war even before 9/11 and the lies of his cabal to the American public.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/opinion...2bc28a-e2b4-11e3-8dcc-d6b7fede081a_story.html

Kathleen brings the pain in closing:

Finally, the problem of admitted ignorance may be less a matter of negligence than a symptom of an even bigger problem — the programs themselves. To admit that our government bureaucracies and our hulking programs are too big to succeed, however, is to admit to a failure of ideology. The president likely knows this in his heart, which may be why he prefers being surprised by news than collapsing under the burden of being wrong.

Last edited:
Back